Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with photo usage request

Hello everybody.

A guy from Sweden is offering me 10 Euros for the 3000 x 2000 pixel original of one of my photos. He wants to make a poster out of it which would have a size of 70 x 50 cm.
    Do you think I should be happy about the amount offered or should I ask for more?

Make sure its only for pesonal use and that hes not selling it.

Comment

You're right, theoretically he could re-edit the original and then sell it. Haven't thought of that, thanks! But how am I gonna make sure he's not doing that??

Comment

That is why I never send any original photos to any private persons. I have had some requests over the years for photos for private collections (in original size), but for me that is a no no.

Soren
        Regards
        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

- You could offer to do it yourself and send it to him (add on the print & post cost of course)

- Make him aware of the copyright laws imposed on the photo and potential consequences if he were telling you intentions which were false.

- Add a "signature" style watermark (an artisty one that wouldn't spoil the photo)

Hope that helps

Comment

He now wants to send me a formal statement in PDF ensuring me to only use the picture for private and not for any commercial purposes. He says this would limit the risk I am taking sending him the orginal and that I could sue him if he uses it for any other purposes. Sounds ok to me, what do you think?

Thanks for everybody's replies.

Comment

Yup, watch out though, contracts can lead to complications. Sounds legit to me anyways

Comment

Working...
              X