Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Hi, I got the following picture rejected:

It was rejected for Over Processed / Bad postprocessing.
    I'm not exactly complaining for it, but I'd like to know what's the criteria for that reason, since I've gotten more rejections due to that reason.

So, what are the factors that make a picture be over processed or have bad postprocessing?.
    And also... does my DC-10 picture have any chance?

Thank you very much!

It looks quite blurry to me around the cockpit area

Comment

Hi, the main problem is the background appears very dark giving the shot an unnatural look. Without the origin the image can not be brought up to db standard but here is a before and after for you to give you an idea of what I mean.

Good luck .. Jid

Comment

I gave it another try, here's the result:

What do you think? Any chance?

Here's the original one:

Thanks!

Comment

Howdy,

I was one of the screeners that made the decision, here are my reasons for it:

The titles all have halos around them probably as a result of oversharpening, yet at the same time, the fuselage has a sort of washed out neatimaged look to it.

Also, I have no idea what's going on in the background where the contrast grade seems to change noticeably on a vertical line that looks to start around the right edge of the farthest building to the right in the photo.

Unfortunately your second go probably won't fare well either, while it is much brighter and I think that does help alot, it still retains that washed-out neatimaged look to it, also it appears as though you've used a significant amount of shadow/highlight as evidenced by the halos around the number 2 engine intake cowling.

With the right help I think this photo has a chance, what workflow are you using?

Comment

Thanks E-Diddy, that's the sort of answer I was expecting when I asked about specifics of the bad/overprocessed reason.

Now, at first one I used an almost automatic workflow (it's not even worth mentioning), at the second one I used the workflow at JID's signature (thanks by the way).
            But I got to admit I'm a real newbie in regards of photoshop, and just try to follow this sort of forums and see what can I come up with...
            If you could suggest me other workflows and tips overall so this picture (and others) have a chance, I'd be very grateful.
            The neat image thing... well, of with photoshop I'm a newbie I'm even more with neat image, I've only been able to use it once succesfully (i.e getting a picture accepted into the database formerly rejected due to noise). Any help with that is also gratefully accepted.

Thanks!

Comment

I have several workflows posted here:

I would recommend reading through my basic workflow, this one:

Experiment with that and see what you get.

Comment

Working...
              X