Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Asking for a bit of help with this reject

Hello everyone hope all is good..

Uploaded a batch of shots from LUT that I took on Saturday and out of 41 had 5 rejections (not too terrible in my opinion). Now there is one I have appealed which in my mind should be overturned as my shot is level according to PS so hopefully the screener can double check it for me.

Anyways, to the shot in hand.
    [photoid=5783802]
    I got this one accepted and this one rejected http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1085328, however I know the one that was rejected was in the screening queue after the accepted (weird). The other shot I have of the rejected in the data base is this one.
    [photoid=5767511]
    Just if I could ask for you help if you guys believe the shots to be too similar. I had quite a lot of Easyjet shots accepted that were fairly simliar but just curious about this.

Cheers guys and screeners I awoke to a nice suprize to see all my photos screened.
    Last edited by davepotter; 2006-08-02, 09:35.
    Best regards,
    Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

You will find that sometimes photos that you didn't upload first won't go on first but would be beaten by the 3rd or 5th. This is because every screener has 5mins to vote on a photo and once the photo has 2 votes to be accepeted, it is. You might have found that a inactive screener hadn't voted on one of your first shots but has done on the latter, thus "jumping the queue". As far as i can remember thats how someone explained it to me anyway . Im sure a jp crew member can verify that.

Cheers

Ben

BTW nice shots
    Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Cheers for the info Ben, noted.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1085310

Right, the above has been rejected for Horizon unlevel now I can definatly see why the screener has rejected for this as the tower does indeed appear to the normal eye to lean, however, if you open it in PS it does actually appear to be level using the ruler tool. Can people just clarify this for me as I really like this shot and if I could re-edit it then any help would be appreciated.

Ta very much peeps..
      Best regards,
      Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, it need about 0.45CW rotation to level it.

Jid.

Comment

Thanks Jid, will try and rework.

And here is the reworked version in the queue http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1088011
          Last edited by davepotter; 2006-08-02, 10:50.
          Best regards,
          Dave

Comment

Looks a lot better

Good luck .. Jid

Comment

Luton's always a tough one for leveling as the runway isn't level from where you shoot from and the backdrop doesn't help either, so you did well with on 5 rejections, good pics!
              2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Ian, tell me about it. Also for some reason no matter how many roads maps I have I always get lost, hehe!

I'll be going back probs not this Friday but the one after, you about?
                Best regards,
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                  Looks a lot better

Good luck .. Jid
                  No offense but are you loosing your sight? It looks blurry especially around the nose and stills seems really soft.

Comment

Congrats Dave. You did way better than my ratio of acceptance to this site. Just viewed your last shots. Im impressed with these action shot.

[photoid=5782711]

[photoid=5782693][photoid=5782692]
                    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                    X