Wahoo! Got a new lens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahoo! Got a new lens!

So I won a Nikon 80-200 F2.8 AF-S lens tonight on ebay! I can't wait till it gets here, I'm stoaked.

Look foreward to much sharper shots from me in the near future haha.

I'll probably be ordering a 1.4x or 2x teleconverter as well...

Bobby DeBarge
    www.debargephoto.com
    http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
    1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

PSH Nikon...

Comment

bubble popped.
      Bobby DeBarge
      www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
        bubble popped.
        lol sorry I had to

But speaking of which, I was getting my senior pictures taken today (what a rip-off!), and there was just a random 80-200 f/2.8 sitting there in front of me when went to go fill something out. I was so tempted to stuff it into my bag lol

Comment

Senior photos are so not a rip-off! It's my biggest money maker!

Congrats on your new purchase...I'm sure you'll be happy even though it's a Nikon.
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

The 70-200 is an arse kicking lens...You'll love it..

Comment

Originally posted by Billsville
              The 70-200 is an arse kicking lens...You'll love it..
              It really is, the quality of it is quite a jump from what my old lense produced. You won't be disappointed im sure

BTW get a 1.4x tc not the 2x. Its quite soft IMHO. The 1.7x is also a bit soft which ive got, but i took it off the other day to shoot and i couldn't believe the difference. What body have you got?
              Last edited by pavvyben; 2006-08-04, 10:15.
              Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

I'd go with the 1.7 out of all those choices. The 1.4 isn't enough reach and the 1.7 is close enough to the 2.0 but much sharper.

Comment

You can shoot with the 2.0. Just make sure you use it above f8.

Comment

Well I use a Nikon D70 and from what I've read the 1.7 doesn't work with this lens?

When I was getting my Senior pictures they were using a D200 with the lens I just got...I was in a dream.

BTW, if anyone is interested it's this lens.
                    Bobby DeBarge
                    www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Im confused, youve got a 80-200mm 2.8 not a 70-200mm 2.8 VR?

The 1.7 does work with the 70-200 not sure about the 80-200. It will work well on a D70, it doesn't work aswell on my D2x, but i used it on my D50 and it was very nice
                      Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Yeah sorry when I wrote my first post I was verrrry tired. It's supposed to be 80-200 =/

sorry ha.
                        Bobby DeBarge
                        www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                          Senior photos are so not a rip-off! It's my biggest money maker!

Congrats on your new purchase...I'm sure you'll be happy even though it's a Nikon.
                          Ugh haha. It was between $60-$90 JUST for the session to take the pictures. Then shes like your next appointment will be for a slideshow of the pictures where you get to pick which ones you want. Then she starts talking about some CD thing which has a slideshow of the pictures that I can take home for $100. Yeah thats right, $100 for a stupid CD with all of my pictures on them AFTER I've already paid for the session. It's such a rip-off it's not even funny...what kind of stuff do you do when you take your senior pictures Tanner? Where do you take them? What kind of equipment do you use?

Comment

Bobby I know how you feel, I just got a new lens and am just finding excuses to go to my local (although it has only 2,3 movements a day at varying times) and I love to hold it (bit weird, but we've all done it!).

My new lens is a Canon 24-105L IS F/4 and I purchased it as it complements my big one (100-400L) nicely.

Have fun with your new lens and look forward to seeing the results..
                            Best regards,
                            Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                              Ugh haha. It was between $60-$90 JUST for the session to take the pictures. Then shes like your next appointment will be for a slideshow of the pictures where you get to pick which ones you want. Then she starts talking about some CD thing which has a slideshow of the pictures that I can take home for $100. Yeah thats right, $100 for a stupid CD with all of my pictures on them AFTER I've already paid for the session. It's such a rip-off it's not even funny...what kind of stuff do you do when you take your senior pictures Tanner? Where do you take them? What kind of equipment do you use?
                              That's actually fairly cheap for a sitting, and the CD is priced probably less than what it's worth.

I've seen a photographer charge $195 for an 8x10 print, that costs him $2.00. Send me an e-mail and I'll give you the specifics on what I do and how I do it. I've averaged out what I make and I come in at $95 an hour of work. The NPPA says I should charge $125 an hour with no expenses of my own to pay since I live with my parents as I just graduated high school. You're not paying for your time with the person, your paying for their rent, their electricity, their insurance, basically everything it takes them to live. The photography business is very very very over-saturated with people who learn how to use a camera and then go out and do it, they don't go to school for it.

The worst is when you're somewhere shooting for someone and then someone else shows up and cuts your price in half just to make a sale because they don't know the business. I've even had a lady ask me what settings she should set her 350D on and I showed her cause she was a friends mom and little did I know she would offer everyone her pictures at 19 cents a print as to where I was at $5 a print, then your customers tell you they would rather lose the quality of mine for the cheapness of hers.
                              Tanner Johnson - Owner
                              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X