Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything I can do about this?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1089635

Problem is, when your going east during the day you can help but have the sun in yer face
    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Hi Shaggy,

Unfortunatley that happens, the camera has metered off the inside so its exposure is correct, but not for the outside. Try next time and meter off the outside then use a flash to brighten up the inside thus giving you correct exposure in and outside. Im suprised they let you in the cockpit mid flight . I suppose you went upper class didn't you , so they give you different treatment to cattle class, whatever you want
    Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Thanks Pavvy, I'll try that next. Shame cos there is alot of detail to be seen in that shot. Engine Power, You can see the wind on our ass hence a crossing of 7:30 eastbound, it actually took longer comming home, the step climb etc etc
      Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

But how did you get into the cockpit midflight?
        Bobby DeBarge
        www.debargephoto.com
        http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
        1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
          But how did you get into the cockpit midflight?
          By asking the cabin crew and them obviously being nice?

Comment

It's a shame that the windows were over-exposed as it's a major distraction and takes the focus away from the rest of the shot and what you were trying to show us. Next time you need to take a metering through the window, lock the exposure, then recompose and use fill flash to expose the interior correctly (with the permission of the crew obviously). Takes a few practice shots, but once you get it right it transforms the shot.

Apart from the over-exposure, there is a slight contrast problem too as the whole photo seems to have a milky sheen over it, most likely as a result of the glare from the sun.
            Last edited by B7772ADL; 2006-08-05, 22:17.

Comment

Thanks again for the advice chaps
              Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Working...
              X