• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some photos more popular?

Hi all,

I hope, you can help me with a question I have for a long time:

Why is this photo of mine so popular?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5671180

It got far more than 1.000 hits when I uploaded it and even made it "Top of Yesterday"!

I have no clue, why it is like that. Okay, it is an interesting paint scheme, but there are many other pictures of that very same plane in the database with far less hits.

It is similar with this photo:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5800756

I uploaded many pictures from ANC and most of them got a fair amount of hits about 100-200 during the first days. But this one got 1.000+ in two days! Why? For me it is a pretty ordinary cargo-plane-photo like most of my other ANC-pictures...

Thank you for your help!

Regards

Kai

I like the Cathay shot nice one!...

When I am looking I only tend to look at photos from UK, and I just scan through looking at thumbnails, and when I see something worth looking at large when I want to see quality if it's a new angle etc etc... or a nice plane, I will look at it large. Most photos I can see what they are by not looking at them large...

Cheers Dom

Comment

Originally posted by Kai Vollmer
      Why are some photos more popular?
      I don't know. But I can tell you both are becoming more popular by having them posted here.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I like both of the shots. One reason I can think of as to why they are so popular is the fact that you caputured more than one aircraft in these shots, two airplanes are always better than one. These shots also show the environment of the airport. I believe what makes you Cathay shot so popular is of course the paint scheme, but also the departing Luffy A346. Same with the China cargo, the NW cargo waiting for the active just adds more to the shot...more to look at. Both great shots!!!

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

They both look like they have been linked to or refered to by a source outside of JP.

Comment

Cabin shots

Why are cabin shots so popular? From my photos are cabin shots 2 most popular and I have 5 cabins in my top 10. It is just few rows of seats so why do people like them som much?

Comment

Originally posted by suly
              Why are cabin shots so popular? From my photos are cabin shots 2 most popular and I have 5 cabins in my top 10. It is just few rows of seats so why do people like them som much?
              1. Because they give the "feeling" of being on a flight.
              2. Because they are relatively rare compared to exterior shots.
              3. Because they require enlarging to view in detail.
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by suly
                I agree I feel the shots are soooo boring no offense obviously but they are just diamond view grabbers and I don't understand why, I mean they are seats not planes!

Comment

Because more people clicked on the one photo as opposed to the other?

I sometimes wonder how a photo has become so viewed, some have also become over done and i dont exactly see what the fascination is with the shot.
                  Certain locations have also been done to death.

I also dont understand how the A380, still attracts as many hits as it does.
                  In the end though... i like the colour purple, and you like the colour blue and thats how it is here.
                  My photos on J.net

Comment

Hi I can tell you that your view point from the FRA terminal of this aeroplane on the ground makes the shot more interesting.

Different angles, angles that are not so common or easily achievable are all going to help.

Take a STD picture or an A/C type, the more unusual / good lighting plus weather facctors, unusual but compositionally good angle, colour scheme the more interesting a picture is likely to be.

Comment

Thank you, guys!

I really appreciate Your comments!

Regards

Kai

Comment

same question

I had the same question about this:
                        Fresh off of 31L and right into the sunset. HA-LHA. Boeing 767-27G(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I put up something similar which was a top pic of a day and then this wasnt as popular. I could understand the angles thought but these angles are similar.
                        Last edited by mirrodie; 2006-09-03, 20:06. Reason: nada
                        Witness the miracle of flight.
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                        X