How many screeners are there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many screeners are there?

Just curious as to how many screeners are assigned, and what qualifies them? I've always wanted to know the "process" as well.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff,

We currently have three screeners:

Myself
    Peter Rolek (PolishAir42)
    Steve Gonzales (c72)
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Thanks Chris! I thought there was a few more based on the rate of acceptance. You guys must stay busy.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

Sorry about not giving a complete answer above .. I didn't see the second part to your question.

Basically, a screener has to have a history of quality uploads, and demonstrate a working knowledge of many aspects of photography. Those are about the only requirements, other than being willing to devote a small amount of time to perform the functions of a screener.

Peter and Steve fit this bill nicely. [img]nod.gif[/img]

As uploads continue to increase, we will be looking to add more screeners in the future -- but as of now, there is quite a waiting list of people who've been waiting patiently for quite some time. You guys know who you are. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Chris, does that include me?

Been uploading a lot lately.

-Dmitry
          Jetphotos.net Photo Screener
          Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

Hey Kevin, do you get a D100 already?

Well hey, my F5 isn't behind, its getting some milage with slides! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Always nice to have some film shooters still around!

-Dmitry
            Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

Hey Kilroy. Do you think I could join that list of waiting screeners??? I have only 4 pictures on this site right now (which are suprisingly.....um...bad....) but i just discovered this site...and i took those pictures long ago. Now I have a 800 dollar digital camera and have about 10 more good ones waiting <------ AHEM!!!! For acceptance. [img]clap.gif[/img]

Comment

So, do you contact them [potential screeners] or do they contact you?
                Les Hommes ne sont que des idiots heureux.

Comment

cough D100 cough Chris cough.

[img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks again Chris,

I was not throwing in my hat to be a screener. I'll leave that up to those you choose.

I was curious as to the process of screening, not about what criteria goes into an accepted photo or rejection.

What do the screeners do? Do they log into a separate area of the site and have a separate view of pictures waiting? Or when they log in to screen do they just get a thumbnail view of the shots from the next photographer in the queue?

Maybe you could post a screen shot of what a screener sees when in the process?

v/r
                    Jeff

Comment

Sure, Jeff.

When a screener logs in, he is presented with several additional options on the Members Page. He'll click "Screen Photos," and from there it's pretty straightforward.

Screeners can also browse the photo queue, but that is in the same format as the public Search Result display pages, so there's really no need to show a shot of that.

IP blocked out for obvious reasons. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Trump is an idiot!
                      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

...lets just ignore Kevin...yup.... [img]nonono2.gif[/img] lol

Comment

Very interesting Chris! Thanks for the screen shot!

-Dmitry
                          Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

Sorry about that, Kevin.

As I mentioned, we're looking for people who have a history of quality uploads, and have knowledge about many different facets of photography. Having a $900 digital camera doesn't make one the end authority on everything photographic, in my opinion.

The best way to move up the list to become a screener is to keep uploading quality photos, participate in the discussion forums, offering valuable tips, etc. That is, in essense, what a screener's job is, and people who demonstrate continuously the ability to be fair, helpful, courteous, and upload quality material are the people we'll look to when more positions become available.
                            Trump is an idiot!
                            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Dmitry Kudryn:
                              Chris, does that include me?

Been uploading a lot lately.

-Dmitry

Dmitry,

Many of your PANC shots are absolutely spectacular and, thus, you are definitely on our radar screens for possible future screener positions. [img]nod.gif[/img]

By the way, if anyone wants to know more details about the JetPhotos.Net team, please visit our About Us page where a complete list of the JetPhotos.Net crew and their functions is posted. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
                              Trump is an idiot!
                              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X