Turn tough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn tough!

Does anyone think that eventually this page will become strict with what they accept? For example...your photos must be PERFECT to make it here. I hope that never happens [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]. I am not saying I want junk on here...but you know... [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Turn tough!

No doubt about it - it will.......as the site grows, the harder it will get your photos accepted! But thats good!
    Jetphotos.net Photo Screener
    Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

Turn tough!

I suppose it is good. Except for people who discover it later on. I do admit though. It will be an "honour" getting you pictures uploaded to here when that time comes. [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]

Comment

Turn tough!

In the mean time, upload as many as your crappy pictures as possible!!!

Comment

Turn tough!

quote:
          Originally posted by Ian Duke:

Uh, no.
          Trump is an idiot!
          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Turn tough!

lol ...not so much. That will make your section look bad. I am sorta just starting out with the Photo ....thing. I realize that some of my pics may not be the best but i get some really helpful tips today and I am going to the airport tommorow [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Turn tough!

quote:
              Originally posted by Ian Duke:

Hahahhah that was funny Ian [img]laff.gif[/img]

You little cheap ass hehehe [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
              Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
              Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
              http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Turn tough!

I hope this doesn't tunr out as the next airliners.net. I've been looking through alot of the shots here, they aren't as bad as airliners.net older, bad shots.

Anyway, I still upload the best I have which maybe is 2 out of 4? Some where around that area.
                Cory Klimko
                KSNA Photography

Comment

Turn tough!

quote:
                  Originally posted by NWA_Flyer757:
                  I hope this doesn't tunr out as the next airliners.net. I've been looking through alot of the shots here, they aren't as bad as airliners.net older, bad shots.

It won't. I give you my word on that, because I'll never let it happen.

I like to think that we are selective regarding which photos we will accept, but with reasonable standards which can be met by anyone, given they practice and work on their skills.

I won't lie to you -- there have been a few photographers who've had every one of their uploads rejected. There are others who've had probably 75% or more rejected.

One thing that must be realized is that this is not a "free for all" and it's not a place where we are trying to accumulate rejected photos from the "other site." As much as a few others want it to be, it's not. We want quality as much as anyone, and I'm happy to report that the vast majority of uploads we receive are, in my opinion, very high in that.

My main goal in making the decision to go forward with this site was, and still is, to create a community where all photos and photographers are given a fair shot, where rules and standards are enforced equally and reasonably, and where people if different backgrounds can discuss the nuances of aviation, aviation photography, etc. without fear that their opinions will be deleted because a moderator or high-profile forum poster disagrees.

I think that, over three months, we've done a pretty darned good job accomplishing all of these goals, and judging by the responses we receive and the ever-growing popularity of the site, many people agree.

And most importantly, we have every one of you who's uploaded, participated in the discussions, or offered your help and assistance, to thank. Without you, this wouldn't be possible.

Thank you from myself and the JetPhotos.Net team! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                  Trump is an idiot!
                  Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Turn tough!

Hello from Helsinki!

It has been a pleasure to see this site growing day by day. I think that the photos here are 95% very good quality and it is no problem to get good pics accepted in. I have been rejected two or three times but have now over 100 pictures in jetphotos.net.
                    I send around one out of five if I feel they have something to give for jetphotos.net.
                    I would like everyone to think twice what is important and exciting plane? For me United 737`s and American MD80`s are really rare and exciting because You will never see them here in Finland. Thatīs why I strongly support photography at Your own home airports!Take good photos from Your local birds, there is always someone who`s happy to see them. That is also the reason why I will send Finnair etc. photos from here. Let internet and jetphotos do the Coctail whilst You can send a part of the ingredients.
                    One wish... keep military and civil in separate sections...

[img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
                    Sunny days and great shots!

Harri

Comment

Turn tough!

Harri I must agree with you.

Ive had ALOT of people complain about my photos due to alot of them being AA MD-80s and UAL A320s and 737s. Every single one of those people was outside the US. I perfectly know that even a person in Milwaukee or Detroit sees few of these super common craft we get at ORD. I strongly support taking shots of the common airlines and airports at your airports.

Some of us regret not doing this and the airline folded over. I personally know a few photographers that I talk to who regret not getting out their camera for the National 757 or the Vanguard 732 taking off. Its gone now. We dont even know how long US, AA and UAL will last. So might as well get some good shots.

Of course Im not trying to persuade anyone here to shoot 300 AA MD80s at ORD, because you wouldnt have the time and space to do it.
                      Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                      Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Turn tough!

I think what this site will offer is motivation. I will agree that some would be considered less acceptable amongst the works but if a person feels positive about the hobby they will be willing to learn and improve.

Just because I am not a member of MENSA, I am not stupid. Although some may argue! I enjoy the fact that guys are uploading and I get to see other works. I have got some great ideas AND it is within the means of my camera equipment.

I don't take the a.net standard too seriously anyway. The real aviation photographers that are in the big league and getting the cool shots are on calendars, books, magazines.

I would like to suggest to keep YOUR standards high. Put a few in at a time. Your favorites and the ones your proud of. That will serve two purposes...keeps the site lean and only the best is posted.

Comment

Turn tough!

Actually, this is what I have noticed: The photos here are much more interesting. I mean, we all know when we've seen off beat weird stuff and quickly go for the camera and grab that less than perfact photo that captures the moment. So though those images aren't pristine, they are GREAT in content!

maybe one day I'll post a pic or two of some crazy stuff, like an emergency landing. I love the images here but must put off uploading my own for a while.

peace and godspeed, mirrodie [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
                          Witness the miracle of flight.
                          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Turn tough!

Well, I myself hope that the Screeners here adopt good quality standards - even if it means "turning tough"; maybe not as severe as the other site, but still good quality. I've seen several shots on here that aren't the greatest.....and I think that with the other site leading the way, this database has to distinguish itself and sort of earn the respect of the aviation-photo-viewing public. And the photographers have to "screen" their own work.

I'm in favor of tough standards BUT not the nitpicking over little tiny details that only a pro would notice. For example:
                            N16561

Now that was "badblury". I don't necessarily agree, and think their judgement was a little too severe. I may decide to upload it here.

and this one:
                            N103SW

Now, after getting the "badblury" rejection and looking closely at it, I really can't argue. REad the letters on the tail. That should have been rejected - i don't like it but I suppose I'll live with it. Chalk it up to practice and technique. This is a good example of a photo that is "almost great". Even though it may be accepted here, I'll refrain from uploading it.
                            View my photos at JP.Net
                            Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                            Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Working...
                            X