West Jet Does Not Agree.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Jet Does Not Agree.

I always notice when I take a picture of a westjet aircraft...it seems to be darker than normal...does this happen to anyone else (with UA as well)? [img]shake.gif[/img]

[ January 04, 2003 07:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mongoose ]

West Jet Does Not Agree.

ghosts and goblins?

Shoot during the day.

Just kiddin...do you have an example to show us?

Comment

West Jet Does Not Agree.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=16909

It may be the angle at which I am taking them...but I see that when I take West jet photos from the side...they turn out...rather dark...(Navy Blue looks almost Black)

Comment

West Jet Does Not Agree.

First. When I lived in Winnipeg, I never saw the ramp without 20 feet of snow piled on the sides of the ramp in January!!!!

Your using the C720 from the observation deck? It looks as though the photo is later on a poor day. Without much light on the subject, your exposure will not distinguish dark blues from black. It may be a little under exposed as well.

A photo editing program can boost colors or some cameras can be set for certain shooting situations. If you can bracket ( the camera will shoot 1 at X exposure, 2nd slightly overexposed and a 3rd slightly underexposed ) you can see if it is the light you were stuck with or can the camera compensate.

[ January 07, 2003 12:11 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kirk Webber ]

Comment

West Jet Does Not Agree.

hahaha...well The peg is having some pretty strance weather...its +7 today! Woo! But yea....It has been quite cloudy..So i will take West Jet pics on sunny days [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

West Jet Does Not Agree.

Kirk is definately right.

As a rule of thumb going to shoot pics on cloudy days is a definite no no except of course if your at the airport for 1 or 2 days and your 500 miles from home [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

There is less light that is captured by the camera though as Kirk said. Airlines like UAL, AA, WestJet, Air Canada and such will have trouble in overcast photos. AA and such because they are bright, close to the color of the clouds, which is another problem.

Solution? Do not take photos in mostly cloudy and overcast days. If you must use an editing program like PSP7 or Photoshop or any other formidable photo editing program. You can play around with the colors, radius settings and such.
            Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
            Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
            http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

West Jet Does Not Agree.

Also to add from what Peter suggested, if you regularly use 100 ISO, try 200 ISO on a cloudy darker day.

Comment

Working...
              X