C-700 camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-700 camera

Hey every. Iknow theres a lot of you that have C-730's and the others. Well I want to know if anyone with the C-700 can help me. I want to know want settings the camera should be at to get the best airplane pics.

Nick

Nick,

If you are brand new to it all then I suggest you set your image quality to SHQ. Select an ISO of 100. Then set the dial atop the camera to the "Running Man" (sports shooting) setting. This will prioritize the shutter speed to 1/800th of a second and turn the autofocus on. If it is a very bright day set the exposure bracketing to -0.3 or even -0.7 to compensate. Experiment to see which works best for you.

As the aircraft approaches you will see the image going in and out of focus depending on how steady your hand is at keeping the camera centered on one point on the aircraft. Wait until the plane is almost at the point where you want to shoot it and then depress the shutter button halfway to lock the focus and exposure. Depress the shutter button fully as the shot angle is what you desire. Remember to lead slightly since there is still a small delay.

If you have a large memory card you might also want to set the camera for sequential exposures and just shoot a sequence while you pan the camera with the plane, then choose the best of those for the shot you upload.

When you get more experienced you can begin to experiment with the "P" or "A/S/M" settings, if you do remember to turn the autofocus on unless you want to deliberately do manual focusing in low light conditions.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
    X