Whats going on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats going on ?

Well I finally clicked on why my photos look great in rawshooter then absolute crap in photoshop I've really screwed something up along the way

It looks great in windows preveiwer then goes crappy colours in CS2

And in CS2........

and Yes I know I have big dust spots

RGB/sRGB
    My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

wrong color mode.

Comment

Everythings in sRGB mode , my camera , rawshooter , CS2 , I'll try a repair on CS2 It's been playing up since I uninstalled Phase One Capture One Pro

Comment

Havn't changed anything here.........edit/colour settings....shift+ctrl+k

Comment

Thanks Greg , but thats exactly what my settings are also but it's still fooked !

Comment

What happens if you use the Adobe RAW converter ?

Comment

Same thing , crappy turquoise sky !

Comment

Have you turned on the color profile warnings in PS ?

Comment

Have never seen a "reset defaults" in PS but as you have stated...........Start/control panel/add and remove programs..............
                    However it would be handy to have an answer,and I would give time for any other suggestions that may be comming.
                    Don't forget to take a note of any loaded actions/tool presets you may have.

Comment

Rse

One thing that I could never understand was how RSE took a good image and turned it into a crap lifeless low contrast picture. In the end I gave it up as a bad joke.

I gather there was "some issue" with colour spaces but everything I use is in AdobeRGB and I've found something better to do my conversions - Canon's DPP, which is so numpty proof that even I can use it
                      Wallace

Comment

Hi Will,

Along similar lines, I have just brought Capture One LE and had similar issues. I checked and double checked everything was set to sRGB. I just kept getting odd colours in PS2. Eventually there was a box I had missed on the output options. It had something along the lines of - "Convert to" I had it set to "Embedded camera profile" and it needed changing to "Output Destination". I haven't used RawShooter for ages so I can't remember the settings I used. I am sure it is some non-obvious settings things

Comment

You do not have Bypass color profile checked in the RAW shooter preferences ?

Comment

To add to my frustration even further the image looks fine in Adobe ImageReady but NOT in Photoshop......

Comment

Things to try

I had a wee trawl around RSE this morning, trying to get to the root of your (and my problem) with RSE. I came up with The Unofficial RSE web site http://rawshooter.elwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page and a link from this on Colour management, which may be worth reading http://nagkyl.tripod.com/id1.html
                              There are four articles in the Colour management section to read.

I say may because when I started to read it, my eyes glazed over pretty quickly, a sure sign that I have spent too much time on the PC.

As a personal comment, the death of RSE is fairly well advanced, I see that Michael tapes has ceased his involvement with the RSE Forum and doing more work for Adobe. RSE was an interesting product a pity that I was not happy with the colour quality.
                              Wallace

Comment

Working...
                              X