Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air to air photo tips

Hello fellow spotters

I was invited to do some air to air photos to another aircraft flying in formation. Both aircrafts are Cessna’s 206, my camera is a 300D (or a 400D if it arrives on time) and my lens are the Canon EF f4.5-5.6 100-300mm USM and the EF f4-5.6 35-135mm USM.

I wanted some tips on the settings I should use. I’m considering using a polarizer, since I’ll be shooting thru the windows of the aircraft.

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Daniel Umaña
    Aviation photography of Costa Rica :rolleyes:
    www.AviacionCR.net

View my photos at Jetphotos.net
    View my photos at AviacionCR.net

Tell them to position the photo aircraft so that the sun would be at your back. Also use the hood and put the hood up against the window to block out possible reflections from forming. Or if the window opens and you aren't pressurized you could try that.

Haven't done air to air, but if I were to, this is what I would think about.

Comment

Cessna's don't pressurize do they One thing be careful about opening the windows because it could grab the lens hood and make it more difficult.

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/ind...ic,2082.0.html

Pretty good info on the link above. First thing to do is to sit down and talk on the ground on what you want to do. What speeds, height, alt and distance away from each other.

If neither of these pilots have flown formation I would tend to keep it a little further away.

best of luck!

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

The aircrafts are Cessna C206 Soloy (that’s a 206 with turbine engine), they pilots have flow in formation, in fact they are practicing for an air demonstration, and will be flying very close to one another.

This is an example of a photo taken by one of the pilots

http://aviacioncr.net/galeria/verfoto.php?id=3563
        Daniel Umaña
        Aviation photography of Costa Rica :rolleyes:
        www.AviacionCR.net

View my photos at Jetphotos.net
        View my photos at AviacionCR.net

Comment

Working...
        X