Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III Film Multi Pro Film and Slide S

Heya Guys!

I was wondering if any of you uses the Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III Film Multi Pro Film and Slide Scanner ??

What do you think of using it to scan slides? Does it work fine with Photoshop7 ? Any software problems?

How's the quality like too? Does is look fine at 1024 by 768?

Answers will be much appreciated! [img]smilewink.gif[/img]
    Live Long and Prosper
    Calixius Casper K.

Singapore's First Aviation Forum
    www.ninervictor.com

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

The contents of this transmission are not intended to be binding or constitute any form of offer or acceptance or give rise to any legal obligations on behalf of the sender. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not represent the views or opinions of any employer or other organization with whom the author is associated.

Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III Film Multi Pro Film and Slide S

I use the older Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II.

There is a couple of new features on the III. For example Pixel Polish and Dust brush which is not on the II.

I like the scanner. I have done about a thousand slides and negs of every quality and it is reasonable. I scan at 2820 dpi all the time. Color negs take longer for a raw scan. 6-8 minutes vs 3-4 for slides.

The first one bought crapped out after just 3 scans and the replacement is going along just fine. The feed trays are a little noisey. Sometimes it forgets where it left off and pushes the tray all the way out and re-enters where it left off. This usually happens on the first scans.

It auto focuses well. Sometimes it is better off when I select the auto focus point. Scan images are improved when I do a pre-scan. This takes a couple of extra minutes per scan.

I use an LCD iMac and Adobe Photoshop Elements II. The Minolta software is written for OS9 not X as I prefer. It is stable but cancelling processes have to wait until it is complete. It auto selects the Slide and the Film trays but does not auto select the likely medium. So if I go from slides to negs and don't make the change, I have a reverse until I can change it and redo the scan.

Overall (at $450CDN) is was a great purchase for an entry level film scanner. I don't know how the new features will work without an IR layer as higher level scanners. I would recommend it.

Comment

Working...
    X