A few misconceptions (humoresque)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few misconceptions (humoresque)

"A few misconceptions", or "behind the scenes of JP.net".

Please take the following advices with a bit of humour, the same humour we need sometimes during screening.
    1. I know, lack of photography can be hard. In these days, where fog can be a pain in parts of Europe (I still remember the 6 week with fog in winter 2004 here in ZRH) it's hard to have to stay home. But please, take photos in foggy conditions just for yourself. Granted, fog can be a nice addition to a photo, but, please, do not think, that the standards are lower, just because you took the photo on foggy conditions.
    2. If you recieve a rejection, a reply to all screeners with the comment "You are all morons" does not really help us to find a reason to react in a positive way to such mail. BTW, it won't also help much on your future uploads
    3. If you appeal a photo, a comment like "FUCK URSELF" doesn't help much either. Besides giving us the impression, that you didn't pass the kindergarten, it's also very difficult to screen photos while fucking ourselves. Besides, it's really tough to find a reason to accept an appeal of such an asshole. Last but not least, it will help you even less on your future uploads
    4. If you appeal a photo, please state clearly, why we should reconsider our decision. For example, a photo has been rejected for "unlevel" and you don't agree. Please appeal with a comment, why you think, the photo is level. If a photog appeals a rejection with the sole comment "Are you serious???", he obviously only wants to know, if we were serious and doesn't want his photo to be accepted. We will of course gratefully answer "Yes" and reject the appeal.
    So much for now. I could write the names of those offenders, but leave that for another oportunity

Happy spotting!!

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

There really are some jerks out there. Gotta appreciate what you guys do, I never thought you'd get some emails like that.

Comment

Thats stupid even when i had my little dummy (pacifier) spitting session i didnt get personal and never would you guys do a great job

Cheers
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
        "A few misconceptions", or "behind the scenes of JP.net".

Please take the following advices with a bit of humour, the same humour we need sometimes during screening.
        1. I know, lack of photography can be hard. In these days, where fog can be a pain in parts of Europe (I still remember the 6 week with fog in winter 2004 here in ZRH) it's hard to have to stay home. But please, take photos in foggy conditions just for yourself. Granted, fog can be a nice addition to a photo, but, please, do not think, that the standards are lower, just because you took the photo on foggy conditions.
        2. If you recieve a rejection, a reply to all screeners with the comment "You are all morons" does not really help us to find a reason to react in a positive way to such mail. BTW, it won't also help much on your future uploads
        3. If you appeal a photo, a comment like "FUCK URSELF" doesn't help much either. Besides giving us the impression, that you didn't pass the kindergarten, it's also very difficult to screen photos while fucking ourselves. Besides, it's really tough to find a reason to accept an appeal of such an asshole. Last but not least, it will help you even less on your future uploads
        4. If you appeal a photo, please state clearly, why we should reconsider our decision. For example, a photo has been rejected for "unlevel" and you don't agree. Please appeal with a comment, why you think, the photo is level. If a photog appeals a rejection with the sole comment "Are you serious???", he obviously only wants to know, if we were serious and doesn't want his photo to be accepted. We will of course gratefully answer "Yes" and reject the appeal.
        So much for now. I could write the names of those offenders, but leave that for another oportunity

Happy spotting!!

Gerardo
        Lol cannot believe your getting them type of replies!!! Your all doing a great job, keep it up. Rejections give me a reason to improve my shots!!!

Comment

[*]If you appeal a photo, a comment like "FUCK URSELF" doesn't help much either. Besides giving us the impression, that you didn't pass the kindergarten, it's also very difficult to screen photos while fucking ourselves.
          What, you haven't figured out how to do it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
            What, you haven't figured out how to do it yet?
            Gerardo's body is probably already too old to handle it .

Just kidding of course, but seriously, if people comment to rejected shots with "FU", isn't a general upload ban a better thing than just "not helpful for future uploads " ?

Comment

Thanks for the tips Gerardo, I know what to write in future!!

Andy

Comment

"it's also very difficult to screen photos while fucking ourselves.
                Gerardo
                Just as I always thought. Screeners are not even capable of multitasking ! Tut tut, the people we employ these days, you just can't get the staff.

Merry Christmas to everyone on the staff, and all the photogs as well.

Brian (....who is working night shift on Christmas Day...and is not a happy bunny. Bah, Humbug. )
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                X