Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you send your K64 off to?

Hi guys,

I just shot off a roll of Kodakchrome 64 and now am faced with the question of where to develop? I am pretty certain I need pre-paid mailers direct to Kodak, but was wondering if anyone here knows where to buy them online for a good price (mainly on shipping)? I checked out bhphotovideo.com and was able to find some for $3.59 however shipping was $8!! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

thanks!

Where do you send your K64 off to?

Serge, I think thats your only way to go, or if you want, take it in to a Kits Camera place, cost about $7 there. But the mailers at BH are the only way to go, so go ahead and order them. You will have to order a bunch to make it worth the shipping!
    Jetphotos.net Photo Screener
    Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

Okay.. thanks for letting me know Dmitry! I'll order some ASAP.

...Serge

Comment

What about RitzCamera? Helix Camera? How do they do with slide developing. I bought some and I was wondering where to take it.

Comment

Ritz Camera/Kits/Wolf is all the same thing, any of them will send the K64 out for developing.
          Jetphotos.net Photo Screener
          Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

I actually was told by a local photog here in my town that you can bring it to the Albertson's grocery store and they will route it to where it needs to go- gave it a try a little more than a week ago and stopped by yesterday to see if it was in... It was! and it cost only $4.24 too.. [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Some of my slides look great through the viewer- but they look very crappy when scanned. Its like they lose all their detail and look washed out- and the colors are all messed up [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]. Was even like that on a certain scene that I bracketed severely on (+/- 3 stops) [img]images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img]

If anything- I'm sure its a problem with my scanner? One more comment- you definately need more exact settings then with print film as you guys have said! A perfect late evening approach photo was ruined by underexposure with what normally would be fine with Gold 200.

Comment

Walczak im actually surprised you have the money to buy and develop KR64 out in ND. You buy KR64 by bulk or just 1-2 rolls usually?
              Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
              Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
              http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

LOL.. jeeez.. We're not TOTALLY cut off from the world here Peter. Its not like it'll cost ya $500 to fly in a pizza delivery [img]skeptical.gif[/img]

Heheh..

Comment

To answer your question.. I just started messing with slide film. I've only bought a handful of rolls anyway.

It costs about $10 for K64 including developing. It would cost me anywhere from $6 to $10 a roll to develop print film such as Kodak Gold 100 or 200, depending on how you buy and if the processing is on sale.

I'm gonna stick with what I know best and bring some Gold to MIA/FLL/PBI (my home turf [img]clap.gif[/img] ) next month. Can't wait to test out the 300mm at the MSP observation deck too.. last time i only had a 28-80..bahahahah

Comment

I send all of my slides (Provia 100F and K64) to Ritz Camera and they will send them to the closest Kodak Lab while they do a very superb job. One of the main reason why I take it there. Another reason is I only pay $7 to get my slides developed.

Comment

I normally get my slides back (Provia 100F) within 2 business days and K64 usually takes about 5 business days.

Comment

Overall B&H will be the cheapest. So what if it is $8 for shipping? If you order 10 rolls with processing it costs only $9.98 for both without shipping. I use that and it has saved me money.

Stephen

Comment

So far as I know, all Kodachrome sent to Kodak by anyone (yourself, Ritz, etc) is sent ot Fairlawn NJ for processing.

B&H also sell A&I mailers for Kodachrome. A&I is located in CA. If you contact them they may have other methods to send them film.

Beyond Kodak and A&I I’m not aware of anyone else that does Kodachrome, but I recall searching on Kodak’s web site once and seeing some others.

PS, Hey Kevin, how is life!?!? Did you forget about us here in ‘ol DC? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ January 31, 2003 05:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sunil ]
                          Sunil
                          Lockon Aviation Photography

Comment

Working...
                          X