Need Advice! Headed to TNCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice! Headed to TNCM

Hey JP, I'm headed to St. Maarten over this Christmas break for a much needed vacation.

Obviously, no trip to the island would be complete without a visit to Princess Juliana, for a nice, long day(s) of spotting. So I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about the airport and spotting there. I'd rather go there prepared, knowing what I'm getting myself into.

Thanks!

Fit women topless on beach, BEWARE!

Comment

You don't need to be prepared....a camera with a wide lens will do (i've used anything from a 10-22 to a 70-200, but my most used was my 24-105). Head down to the Sunset Beach Bar at Maho Bay (a taxi or bus will get you there), grab a beer, grab a bench and that's it!
      ATC is usually played live so you can hear what's going on. Most of the arrival times are up on the surfboard. Weekdays will see maybe 2-4 "heavy" arrivals with small stuff in and out all the time.
      Saturday is usually the busiest day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
        You don't need to be prepared....a camera with a wide lens will do (i've used anything from a 10-22 to a 70-200, but my most used was my 24-105).
        I can 2nd James, I only used my 24-85 for the whole week in SXM...
        E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Depends if your content with getting the standard SXM shots really. Id bring as many different lenses as you feel you may need. A wide angle, mid range and telephoto will give you maximum options. These will also give you un-inhibited options when it comes to choosing your photo preference in terms of distance and frame desired. Ive used everything from 17mm- near 400mm at SXM depending where i chose to place myself in relation to the subject. Try to look outside the box, and most of all enjoy yourself

ps - you'll be lucky to find the illusive hot chick with her fun bags out. The usual scattering is fat yanks and dosey sunburnt Europeans.

Comment

Need Advice! Headed to TNCM

Hey!

Quit pickin' on my beach! Let the goods flop...it's HIT time! Lots of T & A at all times of the year! Just keep your eyes open and don't GEEK it like the guy in one of these pics.

24-120 has gotten me my best shots from SSBB as well as the fence. Ask the SSBB guys for the ladder; tell em BIGDEN said they were generous and willing to please JP folks. Go down the fence and get the arrivals on a good day.

Over the Holiday it will be real busy with biz a/c from all over the world. Will be there on the 29th. for10 days, look me up!

Not all the YANKS are dozers...that's my wife you're taklin about!

Denis
            Last edited by Denis F. McBriarty; 2006-12-24, 04:26.

Comment

Hahah you funny b*stard Den

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                . Ive used everything from 17mm- near 400mm
                All depending on if you want a close up or wide angle view of those nipples.
                My photos on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by Denis F. McBriarty
                  Hey!

Quit pickin' on my beach! Let the goods flop...it's HIT time! Lots of T & A at all times of the year! Just keep your eyes open and don't GEEK it like the guy in one of these pics.

24-120 has gotten me my best shots from SSBB as well as the fence. Ask the SSBB guys for the ladder; tell em BIGDEN said they were generous and willing to please JP folks. Go down the fence and get the arrivals on a good day.

Over the Holiday it will be real busy with biz a/c from all over the world. Will be there on the 29th. for10 days, look me up!

Not all the YANKS are dozers...that's my wife you're taklin about!

Denis
                  Ha! No way! I'm headed there on the 28th!

Anyway, I'm going to buy a wide-angle lens (and maybe some more) tomorrow. Any suggestions for a beginner with SLRs? I have a Canon EOS 350D.

Comment

Depends on your budget my friend. a 10-22mm is a good start, then if you've got the cash the 17-40mm L is nice, and if you've really got the cash the 24-70mm L is V nice. 70-200 (2.8 or 4) are good lenses and then theres the old workhorse, then 100-400mm L. Take your pic

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                      , and if you've really got the cash the 24-70mm L is V nice. Take your pic
                      Don't forget the new 24-105 F4LIS either if you don't need f2.8. It's a beautiful lens.

Comment

Yeah good point James, with the lenses ive mentioned and the 24-105 you will have a dam fine setup. . . . .And a second mortgage

Comment

Working...
                        X