Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unique Views" feature implemented.

Hi all,

I've seen your concerns (and spoken with some of you regarding them) regarding the ability to repeatedly click "Reload" to add a large number of views to a given photo over a very short period of time.

Thus, Matt and I have come up with a solution, which we call "Unique Views." In a nutshell, only one view from a specific computer will be counted for any given photo over a 24 hour period. After that 24 hour period has elapsed, one additional view will be counted from that computer. I figure that, if someone makes an effort to come back 24 hours later to view a photo again, that view should count.

You may read more about the specifics here.

While every system has its flaws, and none is foolproof (a person using a dialup ISP with a dynamic IP address, for example, could keep logging on and off to change his IP, and add additional views), this system should certainly keep anyone from easily being able to click reload 500 times to bump up their views.

Now, go click "Reload" in vain several times on a photo to make sure it's working! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

"Unique Views" feature implemented.

Damn!!!! I never even knew you could do that and you guys have already changed it!!!

Oh well [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Clover

Comment

"Unique Views" feature implemented.

Just as I suspected on a few photos and photographers. Excellent.

Comment

Working...
      X