Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Youngest Aviation Spotter

Hey Guys,

Well as some of you may know, I have a little brother whom I have 9 years of age difference called Julian. He is only 7, due 8 this year and he got his first digital camera last month, a point and shoot Vivitar pocket cam, 6.0MP and 2X Optic zoom. When I went to SXM, I told him to take it, so he could snap some shots, hopefully some good ones for the database, he did.

The problem he had was following the aircraft while they landed, so I gave him a tip I thought might not work. For those who know the Sunset Beach Bar, there is like a bar with chairs overlooking Maho Beach, I told him to set his camera over the beach and when the plane passed by, take the shot. Of course, I thought since he was focusing the beach and not the plane, it would just come out blurred, but to my surprise, they were perfectly focused, even using this method, so I encouraged him to take a lot of photos like these, of which he did, all by himself in SXM, today, his first photo got accepted, of which is an Insel Air MD-80 over Maho.

[photoid=5918547]

And for those who don't believe a 7 year old can take photos like these, it was not me since I was concentrated with my camera at the same instant with Insel too:

[photoid=5916690]

He has Air France, American, Delta, Winair and more of which I will be editing and uploading for him over the time.

I just want to say that I am very proud that he could accomplish these photos and to have started him off spotting at such a small age.

Thank You for your time!
    Tomas.
    Last edited by tomas_cubero; 2007-02-13, 02:22.

Very good!! Start them young and by the time they are teenagers they will already have had years of experience!! Great photo!
    Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

Julian Hunt uploaded and had his first shot accepted at the age of 5.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

next trips
      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
        Julian Hunt uploaded and had his first shot accepted at the age of 5.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9747
        Oh Sorry, I had no idea I'll guess I'll change the title then.

Comment

Well, there is uploading a pic and there is taking a pic...

Anyway great job to both Julians.

Comment

WOW! Maybe he could teach you some stuff

Comment

Originally posted by hkgspotter1
              Well, there is uploading a pic and there is taking a pic...

Anyway great job to both Julians.
              well uploading a pic he didn't take would be wrong, Julian Hunt took the photos he uploaded.
              Last edited by Longreach747; 2007-02-13, 04:20.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Good to see them starting young. Keep it up.

Comment

Monty,

Your replies are crystal clear.

Eric,

Nice, very nice.

Comment

Well if looking for the youngest spotter I would like to nominate my son Jesse. He took this photo (and I uploaded it) when he was 4 years, and 3 months old.

[photoid=275719]

and at age five he got this photo published in Airliners Magazine

[photoid=511234]

And his father hasnt been published in Airliners

And yes Eric, he has taught me a bunch of things!

Cheers,

Gabe
                    Last edited by gbasco; 2007-02-13, 09:21.

Comment

Now my son has had a photo on JP that he took last summer at the age of six now allthough im very proud of him lets all remember who editted the photos to get them on JP

[photoid=5772937]

Comment

I absolutely had no idea so many young ones have posted photos, to all of them, I deeply congratulate them, and of course their parents for editing and uploading the shots, hopefully they will all become future spotters!

Cheers,
                        Tomas.

Comment

Originally posted by tomas_cubero
                          I absolutely had no idea so many young ones have posted photos, to all of them, I deeply congratulate them, and of course their parents for editing and uploading the shots, hopefully they will all become future spotters!

Cheers,
                          Tomas.
                          And ofcourse you didn't edit your brothers They still took it anyway. Congratulations to them all.

Comment

Wow, and I thought I started young at 8 years old! My photos then were crap! Granted they were with disposable camera. But very impressive job from some of your youngsters!

Getting a photo published at age 5 is amazing!
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                            X