AirWorld magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirWorld magazine

Guys, I was contacted recently by the editor of AirWorld magazine in Poland, who requested to use my work in upcoming issues. This is my first experience with this and I'm not sure how to handle it, whether I should ask for $$$, or just a copy of the mag (though it's apparently in Polish), or what.

The website is www.airworld.pl if anyone can read Polish.

Thanks for the help

Go rite in for the dough, looks like a well established magazine.

Comment

Actually they have really just started off. I was given this guys name a few years ago, I remember then he was just starting off and wasn't going to get his first mag published till last year.

He gave me some Media Creds to use at air shows stating I shot for him.

Comment

They'll be making profit...so should you.
        Tanner Johnson - Owner
        twenty53 Photography

Comment

I would imagine that they would have a "set rate" they use for this type of thing ..

From experience and having a quick look at the link i would imagine the the rate will/should be around the $ 40 mark

no big deal i hear you say but they all add up plus ask for a copy of the mag.. i always do ... adds to your whole portfolio

regards

Comment

I dont understand Polish but I think thw following is how much they offer to pay:

http://www.airworld.pl/prenumerata.html

Prenumerata magazynu gwarantuje, że otrzymasz swój egzemplarz zanim ukarze się w sprzedaży, ze wzgledu na limitowaną liczbę nakładu prosimy o jak najwczesniejszy kontakt z redakcją, co zagwarantuje Państwu otrzymanie naszego czasopisma bez poszukiwania go w salonach prasowych.

AirWorld - ekskluzywny magazyn lotniczy jest elitarnym dwumiesiecznikiem, cena magazynu wynosi 25 zł za egzemplarz. (25 Zlohty per photo?)

Prenumerata roczna: 125zł (I wydanie gratis)(125 Zlohty per Article?)
            E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Originally posted by bapilot2b
              I dont understand Polish but I think thw following is how much they offer to pay:

http://www.airworld.pl/prenumerata.html

Prenumerata magazynu gwarantuje, że otrzymasz swój egzemplarz zanim ukarze się w sprzedaży, ze wzgledu na limitowaną liczbę nakładu prosimy o jak najwczesniejszy kontakt z redakcją, co zagwarantuje Państwu otrzymanie naszego czasopisma bez poszukiwania go w salonach prasowych.

AirWorld - ekskluzywny magazyn lotniczy jest elitarnym dwumiesiecznikiem, cena magazynu wynosi 25 zł za egzemplarz. (25 Zlohty per photo?)

Prenumerata roczna: 125zł (I wydanie gratis)(125 Zlohty per Article?)
              Sweet !!! Exchange : 25 PLN = 4.28687 GBP ... cost of publication ?

plus the full translation :

Subscription of store house (magazine) guarantees, that you will receive copy before it will be punished in sale, we ask from (with) on limited number of edition wzgledu as with editorial contact najwczesniejszy, that will guarantee state without he (it) search of in press salons our magazine received < getting >. AirWorld There is élite - exclusive store house (magazine) aerial dwumiesiecznikiem, price of store house (magazine) totals (take away; amount to) for copy 25 zloty. Per 25 ( Zlohty photo? )

Comment

The owner of the mag. replied to me, saying he pays 5 Euros per photo.

Comment

I have also been approached, has anyone actually dealt with this organisation yet?
                  If so how did you find it.

Regards

Chris

Comment

I gave him a photo of an Air Berlin 737. I never saw any payment nor did he reply to my emails. I would not deal with this magazine again.
                    My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
                    My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
                    ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                      I gave him a photo of an Air Berlin 737. I never saw any payment nor did he reply to my emails. I would not deal with this magazine again.
                      Stefan,

Thats interesting to know.

Thanks.

Comment

Ive also had contact from this magazine and they wanted 10 of my shots but like the other photographers here, im also hesitant and wary? Its also the first time ive been contacted with someone wanting to use my shots and now that Ive read Seahawk's response then im defo in two minds as to what to do?

And they still not replied to my email when I asked about 'payment'!!

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

I wouldn't bother personally. Sounds like more hassle than its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                            I wouldn't bother personally. Sounds like more hassle than its worth.

You may be right Dan, its a shame when people when people try to be too "smart".

Comment

Working...
                            X