Camera gear insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera gear insurance

I am sure I am like everyone, quickly consigning the camera gear insurance leaflets that infest camera magazines to the bin however.....

The other day, I took a photo, turned around, took a step and promptly fell into an open drain. Taking a tumble I landed on my camera and the 70-300mm IS lens. It will come as no surprise to learn that the lens did not work after that. Anyway I found out yesterday that it is going to cost me £150 + VAT for a new IS motor. I learned a lesson, perhaps others may learn also.

If it can happen, it will happen.
    Wallace

I bought replacement insurance through my home owners policy. I sent them copies of my receipts and they created a binder to cover my stuff.

Hopefully I'll never need it, but it's there...

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by wwshack
        I am sure I am like everyone, quickly consigning the camera gear insurance leaflets that infest camera magazines to the bin however.....

.....and saying to yourself I really should do that. I do everytime I see the leaflet or add. I'm sorry to hear of your mishap Wallace, but reading the above has given me the kick up the bum to get the insurance

Comment

Ive got seperate insurance for my camera gear and it certainly was usefull after my camera took a tumble last year.

Comment

Working...
          X