MCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCO

I was wondering if anyone had good MCO spotting locations other than in terminal areas? Since I'll be there soon I figured I need some help in finding a place to get pictures at. thanks.

I'm glad you posted this, because I will also be there in a little while and I would like to get some pictures as well

Comment

Re: MCO

Originally posted by Greg
      I was wondering if anyone had good MCO spotting locations other than in terminal areas? Since I'll be there soon I figured I need some help in finding a place to get pictures at. thanks.
      Honestly, not really.

McCoy Road, just north of the Bee Line Expressway, used to be a great spot to photography 18R/L arrivals. They even had, on weekends, vendors out there selling hot dogs, ice cream, drinks, etc. This area has gone the way of many aircraft spotting areas after 9.11, however, and been fenced off by beaurocratic headcases.

The only decent spot I've been able to find for photography at MCO is from (of all places) the helipad on top of the terminal. Level 11 on top of Terminal Top Parking for those unfamiliar with the airport. Apparently, not only is spotting ALLOWED from this helipad, it is ENCOURAGED. I'm not sure how letting people walk around up there, where I quickly realized I could have taken out airport-wide communications (all of the antennae and satellites are up there, within reach) is a good idea, but whatever.

You'll need a hell of a lens (400mm + if you don't have a DSLR with a good crop factor), but good shots can be had.

[photoid=6086]

[photoid=6204]

[photoid=6185]

[photoid=6198]
      Trump is an idiot!
      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Thanks, I'll see it in a few hours.

Comment

Great, i wll be going there in a week so i can get some spotting in, i know one motorway has a runway that is almost next to it! so when i'm driving past i'll take a few shots. Also when i land i can take a few shots from UPPER DECK!!! HAHAHAH!

Comment

Re: MCO

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
            The only decent spot I've been able to find for photography at MCO is from (of all places) the helipad on top of the terminal. Level 11 on top of Terminal Top Parking for those unfamiliar with the airport. Apparently, not only is spotting ALLOWED from this helipad, it is ENCOURAGED. I'm not sure how letting people walk around up there, where I quickly realized I could have taken out airport-wide communications (all of the antennae and satellites are up there, within reach) is a good idea, but whatever.

You'll need a hell of a lens (400mm + if you don't have a DSLR with a good crop factor), but good shots can be had.
            So if I go up on the Helipad no one will bother me? Is it actually on the helipad or right next to it? BTW, thanks for the recomendation
            Jon C.

Comment

Working...
            X