Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a 20D!!!!!!

Alright, I cant help myself, I have to post a self gloss thread

after 5 years of processing my own film...

I finally have gone digital.....

courtesy of eBay and Henry's Cameras Toronto Inc., I am now the owner of a Canon 20D (well, as soon as it arrives lol)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W00T!

Congratulations on the purchase
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

High five!
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

You brought a new 20D? How much did they sting you for it if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

Im glad to have helped you by contributing to this purchase and am happy that you went the smart road and bought canon and not the other thing you were thinking about.
          My photos on J.net

Comment

You'll find that Film is much more rewarding than digital when you process it yourself. That being said, welcome to the world of digital, you spend less money in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
              You brought a new 20D? How much did they sting you for it if you dont mind me asking?

it was "factory refurbished" for $620 USD (eBay auction)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                it was "factory refurbished" for $620 USD (eBay auction)
                Superb price !...

welcome to the club

youll love it ..

regards

Comment

I take it thats just for the body only?
                  How many actuations did it have Chris?

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                    I take it thats just for the body only?
                    How many actuations did it have Chris?
                    9,999. First shot out of the box... **CRACK** ouch

Seriously though why didn't Canon ever put a shutter warranty on the 20D? Is it because they didn't know how long the shutter would hold up at the rate it can fire?

Comment

Im guessing its because certain people (no names mentioned) found it necessary to hit the shutter buffer every time they see an aircraft coming into the view finder. bloddy newbies. Wise old Mr Canon decides to leave out the warranty for the shutter.

Funny how people dont think this will lessen the life expectancy of their camera. lol

Comment

Whats the average shutter life for Canons??

Comment

Difficult question to answer, Ive seen a first gen Canon DSLR (D30/D60) hit over a million acuations and is still going strong. Ive also seen a 20D hit about 5,000 and dam near fall apart.

Useage+care+luck of the draw are your contributing factors.
                          Last edited by BA747-436; 2007-02-25, 02:47.

Comment

Yea true, any sites that give some figures?, just really curious .

Comment

Canon has not released a shutter duty cycle specification for the 20D, except to say that it offers double the reliability of the 10D's shutter. There is no way you can put your finger on a number of acuations for any of the Canon DSLR series, obviously the 1D series is built to last longer than say a 300D, but in any case either could mlfunction after a few weeks, months, or years. Check out some of the reviews/questions on: www.prophotohome.com and other similer sites, where this topic has been disscussed at length.

Comment

Working...
                              X