Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got rejected for invalid hot photo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just got rejected for invalid hot photo

    Hello everybody!

    the picture below just got rejected for invalid hot. I read the thread on the forum about hot photos, and according to that i think this is a hot photo. It`s a new airline at "my" airport, and it`s just a few pictures of it in the database. In my opinion, according to the guidelines, that`s a hot photo. Can someone explaine to me why it got rejected after all? It`s not a big deal really, i just upload it as a regular photo, I just want to get it explained..

    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1334895

  • #2
    Actually I think it should qualify as there are apparently less than 50 photos of that aircraft/airline in the db.
    Last edited by gusty987; 2007-02-26, 01:46.

    Comment


    • #3
      "Does this photo show a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme, or otherwise warrant being added to the Hot News scroller on the front page of JetPhotos.Net? Select 'Yes' if you think so! Be sure to enter the reason this photo is 'hot.' This is required!"

      The guidelines don't mention "a new airline at a new airport." This plane is already in the database therefor its not a hot photo, sorry mate.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tommyalf
        "Does this photo show a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme, or otherwise warrant being added to the Hot News scroller on the front page of JetPhotos.Net? Select 'Yes' if you think so! Be sure to enter the reason this photo is 'hot.' This is required!"

        The guidelines don't mention "a new airline at a new airport." This plane is already in the database therefor its not a hot photo, sorry mate.
        Read the sticky post in this forum. It says the "hot" option can be used for a new airline at an airport if there are less than 50 shots of that aircraft and airline in the DB. There are only 29 shots of an Air Cairo A320 in the DB, so the photo is hot.

        Comment


        • #5
          New Airline ...

          This airline has been around for nearly two months. We wont be accepting photos marked as HOT for this airline.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gusty987
            Read the sticky post in this forum. It says the "hot" option can be used for a new airline at an airport if there are less than 50 shots of that aircraft and airline in the DB. There are only 29 shots of an Air Cairo A320 in the DB, so the photo is hot.
            now go re-read the sticky post...

            When not to use the "Hot Photo" upload:

            First visits of an airline to an airport if we already have 50+ photos in the data base of the same aircraft and airline.

            clearly we have more than 50 photos of Air Cairo in the db...at the most it's a 2 day wait for the screening process.


            next trips
            USA/DXB August.

            Comment


            • #7
              Deleted post. It's already been said what I was going to say.
              Last edited by Brick; 2007-02-26, 02:16. Reason: Removed Post





              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Longreach747
                now go re-read the sticky post...

                When not to use the "Hot Photo" upload:

                First visits of an airline to an airport if we already have 50+ photos in the data base of the same aircraft and airline.

                clearly we have more than 50 photos of Air Cairo in the db...at the most it's a 2 day wait for the screening process.
                "same aircraft and airline". There are 29 photos of Air Cairo A320's. 29 is less than 50.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gusty987
                  "same aircraft and airline". There are 29 photos of Air Cairo A320's. 29 is less than 50.
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....ne=Air%20Cairo

                  Check that, 97 shots of Air Cairo, 29 or with the A320... Doesn't mean it's a hot photo, I think your going over the top.

                  Also, the guys you think are correcting are admin/screeners, so you ent gonna win

                  In my eyes a 'hot photo' is something new - Like a PIA 747-400 or British Airways A380

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RingwaySam
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....ne=Air%20Cairo

                    Check that, 97 shots of Air Cairo, 29 or with the A320... Doesn't mean it's a hot photo, I think your going over the top.

                    Also, the guys you think are correcting are admin/screeners, so you ent gonna win

                    In my eyes a 'hot photo' is something new - Like a PIA 747-400 or British Airways A380
                    Look I agree its not a shocking event, I'm just saying it technically would qualify and technically should have been accepted, going by their own rules.
                    Last edited by gusty987; 2007-02-26, 05:21.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hands up those who actually care that Air Cairo flew to Norway

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Nope, mabey if it were the grand opening of the airport or something. There arn't too many different situations that can create a "hot photo", mainly a new livery or airline or aircraft that is not yet in the database.

                        This doesn't mean, for example, if American just received a new 777 and you got the first pic of it, that it would be a hot photo. Although the aircraft is new, and there no shots of it, there are still many shots of American 777s.

                        Another example is when(or if) Virgin America starts service, if I get a pic of the first revenue flight, although they are technically just starting up, there are already plenty of shots of Virgin America A319/320's in the DB. Therefor, this wouldn't qualify as a 'hot photo' Get it?
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          The sticky topic was meant to be a further explanation of the guidelines. and used some exagerated siutations to make it clear. Hence the text "if we have 50+ photos". The guidelines are simple: "a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme"
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Reading the sticky, this is what counts:

                            This is a reminder of when to use the "Hot Photo" upload when its:

                            A new airline.

                            A new colour scheme for an airline.

                            A new aircraft type for an airline.

                            New aircraft types airliners, bizjets, cargo aircrafts ect.

                            A special colourfull scheme for an airline.
                            The rest is obviously just an illustration, including the 50+ bit.


                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X