Just got rejected for invalid hot photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gusty987
    I'm just saying it technically would qualify and technically should have been accepted, going by their own rules.
    Clearly wrong, as explained above.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
      Clearly wrong, as explained above.
      It says it is not hot in that situation if there are more than 50 images of the aircraft and airline. There are less than 50, so explain where I'm wrong.

Comment

I can only think of an extremely small number of circumstances where a new airline/new airport situation could result in a hot photo, the Singapore A340-500 at EWR a couple of years ago maybe and hypothetically if Air France ran an A380 to SXM perhaps that would be a hot photo but there is little else.

The A380 tour to Australia last year was only given hot photo status after lengthy discussion among the crew as I recall.

Matt
        http://matthew-taylor.fotopic.net/ for my personal gallery.

Comment

Please read the guideline. I'll copy it AGAIN for you:
          "Does this photo show a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme, or otherwise warrant being added to the Hot News scroller on the front page of JetPhotos.Net? Select 'Yes' if you think so! Be sure to enter the reason this photo is 'hot.' This is required!"
          So, was it a new airline? no! new aircraft type for the airline? no! new paint scheme? no.

And again: the sticky topic is here to explain the guideline, as mentioned above.

Was that remotely clear now? It has been for a long time so far ...

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
            Hands up those who actually care that Air Cairo flew to Norway
            I really don`t care my picture isn`t a hot photo, guidelines are guidelines. But when i read answers like the above, and being from a crewmember/screener of this site, now, that ticks me off a little bit. So, what you actually are saying is that no matter what goes on in Norway, you will pretty much reject it due to your personal opinion? Excuse us for not being LAX.

No matter what the airline, no matter where in the world, news are news, or am I wrong? If a photo is hot by the guidelines, it doesn`t matter if it is a cessna 172 or an Airbus 380. What you are writing leads me to believe that personal opinioins are just as important as the guidelines.

By all means, please prove me wrong.

And just for the record, I`m talking in generally, not about my photo.

Comment

So if you saw a small prop, lets say a Cessna 172 and it was the first picture in the database with the regerstration would you upload it as a hot photo? No... Because theres nothing special about it.

People moan that the queue is big, no wonder if people are uploading these sort of hot photos. Just re-upload it as a normal pic and wait your turn

Comment

I think all has been said already by the crew etc - an Air Cairo A-320 is not a hot photo. Even if it lands at SXM
                On another point, would the photo make it even in the normal queue ??
                I think its way off due to the contrast sky / fuselage !! ??

Comment

I made the sticky thread about when to use the hot photo option and when not ot use it. The 50+ was just used as an example, it could have said 2 or 5 for that matter. The only photos that would qualify as hot are the ones mentioned under when to use the hot photo option in the beginning of the thread.

Like I said in the sticky thread, its also a good idea to check the DB before uploadig as hot. If we have photos of the aircraft you want to upload, and the photos has been in the DB for a week or more or maby months (this is just another example) its not going to qualify as a hot photo, even if we only as 1 or 2 photos of that aircraft in the DB.

Hope this makes things a bit more clear

Soren
                  Regards
                  Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
                    I made the sticky thread about when to use the hot photo option and when not ot use it. The 50+ was just used as an example, it could have said 2 or 5 for that matter. The only photos that would qualify as hot are the ones mentioned under when to use the hot photo option in the beginning of the thread.

Like I said in the sticky thread, its also a good idea to check the DB before uploadig as hot. If we have photos of the aircraft you want to upload, and the photos has been in the DB for a week or more or maby months (this is just another example) its not going to qualify as a hot photo, even if we only as 1 or 2 photos of that aircraft in the DB.

Hope this makes things a bit more clear

Soren

Thanks for the clarification, Soren. That's all that was needed rather than rude behavior and personal attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by petru26
                      I really don`t care my picture isn`t a hot photo, guidelines are guidelines.
                      Then why start this thread? Invalid hot is what it says 'Invalid Hot'

So, what you actually are saying is that no matter what goes on in Norway, you will pretty much reject it due to your personal opinion?
                      Most definitely not , some fantastic shots come out of Norway I just think you've taken this a tad too far, almost as if it was your right to have the photo accepted and bannered.

No matter what the airline, no matter where in the world, news are news, or am I wrong? If a photo is hot by the guidelines, it doesn`t matter if it is a cessna 172 or an Airbus 380
                      Your right but when we have more than XXX amount of photos of that a/c it can hardly qualify as being Hot can it? , I can't exactly think of a reason a Cessna 172 would be a Hot Photo , if your photo was say the FIRST A320 for that airline then sure , it mainly applies to airliners.

What you are writing leads me to believe that personal opinioins are just as important as the guidelines.
                      They are NOT personal opinions , they are GUIDELINES, and the reason I asked is because you obviously couldn't take no for an answer the first time round. And judging by the answers to that question well....

If we added every new airline that came to an airport then the banner would be a very clogged up space ! and no you're not the first to upload a hot photo with that reason !
                      Anyways keep up the good work
                      Last edited by Will M; 2007-02-26, 19:00.

Comment

Originally posted by gusty987
                        Thanks for the clarification, Soren. That's all that was needed rather than rude behavior and personal attacks.
                        You mean all this was not clear enough?
                        Please read the guideline. I'll copy it AGAIN for you:
                        Quote:
                        "Does this photo show a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme, or otherwise warrant being added to the Hot News scroller on the front page of JetPhotos.Net? Select 'Yes' if you think so! Be sure to enter the reason this photo is 'hot.' This is required!"

So, was it a new airline? no! new aircraft type for the airline? no! new paint scheme? no.

And again: the sticky topic is here to explain the guideline, as mentioned above.

Was that remotely clear now? It has been for a long time so far ...
                        Originally posted by kukkudrill
                        Reading the sticky, this is what counts:

Quote:
                        This is a reminder of when to use the "Hot Photo" upload when its:

A new airline.

A new colour scheme for an airline.

A new aircraft type for an airline.

New aircraft types airliners, bizjets, cargo aircrafts ect.

A special colourfull scheme for an airline.

The rest is obviously just an illustration, including the 50+ bit.
                        The sticky topic was meant to be a further explanation of the guidelines. and used some exagerated siutations to make it clear. Hence the text "if we have 50+ photos". The guidelines are simple: "a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme"
                        Originally posted by Longreach747
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by gusty987
                        Read the sticky post in this forum. It says the "hot" option can be used for a new airline at an airport if there are less than 50 shots of that aircraft and airline in the DB. There are only 29 shots of an Air Cairo A320 in the DB, so the photo is hot.

now go re-read the sticky post...

When not to use the "Hot Photo" upload:

First visits of an airline to an airport if we already have 50+ photos in the data base of the same aircraft and airline.

clearly we have more than 50 photos of Air Cairo in the db...at the most it's a 2 day wait for the screening process.
                        Originally posted by B747-446
                        New Airline ...

This airline has been around for nearly two months. We wont be accepting photos marked as HOT for this airline.
                        Originally posted by tommyalf

The guidelines don't mention "a new airline at a new airport." This plane is already in the database therefor its not a hot photo, sorry mate.

Comment

have you re-uploaded the shot?

next trips
                          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Lets not forget that the person has read the sticky and the notes and thought "Ive got a hot photo here" only to have his hopes dashed when he gets it rejected. Ofcourse he is going to be miffed but it doesnt call for the way he has been treated here it should have a softer touch THE CREW should be saying "well technically you could be right but it's not what we are looking for" and the fact that you have said SXM would be different then thats just wrong we all have our locals and a New airline at DTVA would interest me far more than the first Passenger service to and from SXM on an A380

Comment

Once again a couple of lectures handed out, but I can only assume they were directed at those contributors having a genuine conversation around interpretation of a sticky, not the thread starter. All I can see from Asgeir is…
                              Originally posted by petru26
                              In my opinion, according to the guidelines, that`s a hot photo. Can someone explained to me why it got rejected after all? It`s not a big deal really, i just upload it as a regular photo, I just want to get it explained…..
                              His second post was a reaction to an attempt at humour.
                              Why not edit the sticky to reflect as close to possible the guidelines. Delete replies that are not relevant to the post and move any additional info to the main post.
                              Better still get rid of stupid stickys.
                              My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Working...
                              X