How to accept payment for photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to accept payment for photos?

How do photographers here accept money for selling their photos?
    I mean the mode of payment. By mail/money order or the internet?
    I have lost out on selling some pics because they didn't want to send me a money order.
    Which mode is safe, easy and reliable?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

PayPal or cheque

Comment

Hey Santhosh, out of the couple of photos ive sold, its all just been threw plain old cheques.

Comment

Hmm, so far I mostly had bank transfers, in one occasion a cheque, a few times paypal.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Cash, Checks, Credit Cards. PayPal would be easiest for you for credit cards more than likely. Just remember the 3% fee they take.

Also with PayPal...if you verify your account the money can be direct deposited in your bank account if you wish. Alot quicker than waiting on a check from them.
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.
            Thanks Bruno, good to know that you are having good sales

Also, one more question.

When does one send a high resolution image to the client?
            Do we wait for the payment to be made or do we send the image based on trust when they agree on the terms and conditions before receiving the payment (but based on assurance)?

Comment

I use paypal preferably but i will take checques.

If i know and trust the user i will send them the image first but for anyone else i ask for payment first.

Comment

As with any business, make sure you get payment before sending the goods. I mostly use PAYPAL but sometimes use a direct deposit into an account ive got for photography work using an IBAN/BIC code.

Comment

I am the same as Dan, direct deposit is the best way but you will need to get the IBAN/BIC code from your bank. This caused some fuss with my 'local' bank who use a call centre in India and they did not seem to have a clue what I was on about! Still once you have it you will be fine. Paypal is good but watch the exchange rate if they want to pay in their own currency. Try and make them pay in your currency so they take the exchange rate hit.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                    I am the same as Dan, direct deposit is the best way but you will need to get the IBAN/BIC code from your bank. This caused some fuss with my 'local' bank who use a call centre in India and they did not seem to have a clue what I was on about! Still once you have it you will be fine. Paypal is good but watch the exchange rate if they want to pay in their own currency. Try and make them pay in your currency so they take the exchange rate hit.

Jid
                    Same here , contact your bank for an "international bank code" they will issue it no probs ....

OR

See what the company does , and if they have anything you want

flights , stuff and more stuff !

various ways of payment ... not just cash

regards

Comment

Yeah i asked Gulfstream for a G-5 but wernt having any of it.

Comment

Thanks every one for the reply.
                        Was more informative and open compared to the same thread on the "other site".

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                          Yeah i asked Gulfstream for a G-5 but wernt having any of it.

No probs Dan , borrow mine when your back

cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X