KINGSTON Memory Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KINGSTON Memory Cards

Does anyone here use memory cards made by KINGSTON? I found a deal for 2GB 120X SD cards for $30US. I just want to make sure the cards are good...
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Im gonna say if the cards are real and not a counterfeit its good to go, you can grab 4gb cards for under $100, of course there write speed is not as fast as others but thats the only thing I feel you need to really look at.

I have a card made by PNY and works preety much aswell as my Lexar one.

Comment

I've got 2 x 1gb Kingston Cards and been using them for the last 2 years with no problems at all. One of them went through the wash and survived and still works, but I don't trust it so don't use it anymore.

Comment

I picked up 2 of their 1GB cards of newegg dirt cheap. No problems and I've been using them for a while. They end up holding around 400 pics on my D50 even though when you pop it in it says 288.

Comment

Jah mon they be a good investment

Comment

Glad to hear they're a good product. I have been using Lexar and SanDisk compact flash cards with my D70 but I think I'm going to upgrade to the D80, which uses SD cards.

Comment

I get CompactFlash, He Only Get SD

EVERYONE KNOW IT FOR GIRLS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crism

I used to prefer CF until my Dell laptop came with a SD reader installed in the side. It reads the cards SO FAST!

Comment

Originally posted by Crism

Comment

Well I have just tried one of these 4Gig CF Card from 7Dayshop. 20.49 delivered !!! Not the fastest of cards but for the price you just can't knock them.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
                      I have been using Lexar and SanDisk compact flash cards with my D70 but I think I'm going to upgrade to the D80, which uses SD cards.
                      If you already have CF cards and a Nikon lens system, why not just upgrade to the D200? IMO D70 to the D80 isn't that much of an upgrade, and you'd have to change memory cards. But I don't have much room to talk...I just upgraded from the D50 to the D200 so I had to switch to CF.

As for memory cards I've used several different brands (Transcend, Lexar, PNY, Kingston) both SD and CF and the only problem I had is that I bent my Kingston SD, but that was my fault. As for write speed, IMO if you camera has a decent buffer, you won't notice write speed.

It was mentioned earlier, but newegg.com is a great spot to by memory. I just picked up 3 x 1GB transcend cards for roughly $40. Gotta thank JordanD for the info on that site.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

I upgraded from D70 to D80... a very marked improvement!

More fpcussing points, much better white balance, 10.2MP

I believe the juice is worth the squeeze... even though you have to buy new cards!

Comment

Originally posted by MaltaAirSpotter

I believe the juice is worth the squeeze... even though you have to buy new cards!
                          I was looking to get the D80 as well, I tried my buddies the other day and liked it very much. The only thing I didn't like was the 3 fps.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

True, but D80 money is not D200 money. If it performed just as good, they wouldn't sell a single D200 I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by MaltaAirSpotter
                              I completely agree. I made the same upgrade and the difference is very noticeable. Much lower incidence of dust spots, less colour cast than the D70 ( which I frankly feel was minimal anyway and easily cured ). 3 fps is no problem to me as I prefer to concentrate on getting it right in the first place with a couple of backup shots at most. A 2gb card will give around 200'ish RAW pics so there's not much point in clattering away like a madman anyway.

The 7dayshop.com link that Jid refers to also has standard 4gb SD cards available for 17.25 and SDHC x118 cards for 17.49. Just make sure that your camera and card reader can handle these cards. The D80 can handle Sandisk 4gb cards and is SDHC compatible so I can't see why these cards cannot be used. Anyone have any experience ?
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                              X