KINGSTON Memory Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KINGSTON Memory Cards

Does anyone here use memory cards made by KINGSTON? I found a deal for 2GB 120X SD cards for $30US. I just want to make sure the cards are good...
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Im gonna say if the cards are real and not a counterfeit its good to go, you can grab 4gb cards for under $100, of course there write speed is not as fast as others but thats the only thing I feel you need to really look at.

I have a card made by PNY and works preety much aswell as my Lexar one.

Comment

I've got 2 x 1gb Kingston Cards and been using them for the last 2 years with no problems at all. One of them went through the wash and survived and still works, but I don't trust it so don't use it anymore.

Comment

I picked up 2 of their 1GB cards of newegg dirt cheap. No problems and I've been using them for a while. They end up holding around 400 pics on my D50 even though when you pop it in it says 288.

Comment

Jah mon they be a good investment

Comment

Glad to hear they're a good product. I have been using Lexar and SanDisk compact flash cards with my D70 but I think I'm going to upgrade to the D80, which uses SD cards.

Comment

I get CompactFlash, He Only Get SD

EVERYONE KNOW IT FOR GIRLS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crism

I used to prefer CF until my Dell laptop came with a SD reader installed in the side. It reads the cards SO FAST!

Comment

Originally posted by Crism

Comment

Well I have just tried one of these 4Gig CF Card from 7Dayshop. £20.49 delivered !!! Not the fastest of cards but for the price you just can't knock them.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
                      I have been using Lexar and SanDisk compact flash cards with my D70 but I think I'm going to upgrade to the D80, which uses SD cards.
                      If you already have CF cards and a Nikon lens system, why not just upgrade to the D200? IMO D70 to the D80 isn't that much of an upgrade, and you'd have to change memory cards. But I don't have much room to talk...I just upgraded from the D50 to the D200 so I had to switch to CF.

As for memory cards I've used several different brands (Transcend, Lexar, PNY, Kingston) both SD and CF and the only problem I had is that I bent my Kingston SD, but that was my fault. As for write speed, IMO if you camera has a decent buffer, you won't notice write speed.

It was mentioned earlier, but newegg.com is a great spot to by memory. I just picked up 3 x 1GB transcend cards for roughly $40. Gotta thank JordanD for the info on that site.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

I upgraded from D70 to D80... a very marked improvement!

More fpcussing points, much better white balance, 10.2MP

I believe the juice is worth the squeeze... even though you have to buy new cards!

Comment

Originally posted by MaltaAirSpotter

I believe the juice is worth the squeeze... even though you have to buy new cards!
                          I was looking to get the D80 as well, I tried my buddies the other day and liked it very much. The only thing I didn't like was the 3 fps.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

True, but D80 money is not D200 money. If it performed just as good, they wouldn't sell a single D200 I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by MaltaAirSpotter
                              I completely agree. I made the same upgrade and the difference is very noticeable. Much lower incidence of dust spots, less colour cast than the D70 ( which I frankly feel was minimal anyway and easily cured ). 3 fps is no problem to me as I prefer to concentrate on getting it right in the first place with a couple of backup shots at most. A 2gb card will give around 200'ish RAW pics so there's not much point in clattering away like a madman anyway.

The 7dayshop.com link that Jid refers to also has standard 4gb SD cards available for £17.25 and SDHC x118 cards for £17.49. Just make sure that your camera and card reader can handle these cards. The D80 can handle Sandisk 4gb cards and is SDHC compatible so I can't see why these cards cannot be used. Anyone have any experience ?
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                              X