Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petertenthije
    Camera bag? How about a forklift?

How about that missile loader that the USN an USAF use?
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

G'day All,

I wonder why they did not make this an f4 lens?.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

I am now accepting donations

Comment

Oh...there's the body....
          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

I took one tiny look at this post.......

......and my wallet went "Squeeeeak" and ran for cover.

Bloody hell, I have enough of a time of it swinging my 170 - 500 around !!
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Making this kind of zoom lens is just plain idiotic. If that thing is going to cost less than 20 000€, it will be rubbish. There isn't a way to make good quality optical elements for a 500mm f/2.8 glass cheaply, especially when it is a zoom. 500 f/2.8 prime would nice, but I don't see a point in a zoom, either it will insanely expensive or the quality is rubbish.
              http://ovp.fi

Comment

Originally posted by Olli Vainio
                Making this kind of zoom lens is just plain idiotic. If that thing is going to cost less than 20 000€, it will be rubbish. There isn't a way to make good quality optical elements for a 500mm f/2.8 glass cheaply, especially when it is a zoom. 500 f/2.8 prime would nice, but I don't see a point in a zoom, either it will insanely expensive or the quality is rubbish.
                People who use the Sigmonster would disagree with you - this stuff is high end hand built glass.

I'm sure it'll cost almost $10,000. It's a lens they're making to say "We can do it." I'm also sure some of the technical barriers broken in the making of this lens will trickle down to smaller ones too.

Comment

This is on league of it's own, way past the Sigmonster. 800mm f/5.6 doesn't require nearly as much from optical design and manufacturing than 500mm f/2.8.
                  Last edited by Olli Vainio; 2007-03-13, 02:50.
                  http://ovp.fi

Comment

Heres some photos I found with people so you can see how big it really is.

Its just crazy

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Electric-Jet
                      Heres some photos I found with people so you can see how big it really is.
                      http://hochit.wordpress.com/2007/03/...0mm-f28-ex-dg/

Its just crazy
                      HAHAHAHA thats awesome lol. If i could afford it i would buyit just because i could...of course i doubt i'll ever beable to afford it so it doesnt matter....

That being said i cant really see any practical use for such a lens.

Comment

A fair bit of that is lens hood though.

Comment

I've heard the price tag will be around the $7000 range.

As for everyone saying it won't have a practical use? Give me a break. This thing will be at sporting events, and a huge tool for the professional nature photographers.

As for having a practical use in aviation photography, the answer is no.
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                          X