Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad composition/aircraft not centered, part cutoff

Dear all,

Can anyone explain me in what way this is wrong?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Joop

Shame that, but the aircraft is too high in the frame and the cut off refers to the wheels I think.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

In my view there is nothing wrong with this shot. The fixation for having every last inch of the tyres in shot is rather anal retentive. Sometimes it isn't possible and does nothing to detract from the shot. In fact, it makes it look more natural.

As for whether it is centred, without a grid here at work, it looks fine. It conveys the size and power of the aircraft and gives some foreground to the shot.

Rules are rules, but in this game they shouldn't be rigid. However, I daresay I will be soundly put in my place for saying this. But, this is MY opinion and thats what Joop asked for.

Andy

Comment

The cut off tail and the dead space below the aircraft simply kill that shot. There's nothing wrong with chopping off a part of the tail, provided that the frame is filled, but here it simply doesn't work.

Just my opinion of course.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

if you cropped it just to the outside of each engine I think it would look better. Was there are reason you went further out?

I like the shot, just needs to be tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun
            if you cropped it just to the outside of each engine I think it would look better. Was there are reason you went further out?

I like the shot, just needs to be tighter.
            Top Gun is right.This shot is salvagable IMO.You need to do the above plus leave very little dead space below the nose wheel.Mr Manx is correct the wheel cut -off does not kill this perticular shot.I think it is a tad dark also.

Comment

Hi all,

thanks for your constructive feedback.
              I'll try to crop it a bit tighter and hope to show you the result soon

Comment

Joop, did you by any chance get another shot after this one that shows more of the wheels.....OH, BTW...I don't particularly agree with missing parts of wheels as a rejection reason either. ......but those are the rules we play by and therefore have to accept.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                  Joop, did you by any chance get another shot after this one that shows more of the wheels.....OH, BTW...I don't particularly agree with missing parts of wheels as a rejection reason either. ......but those are the rules we play by and therefore have to accept.
                  I think it is subjective Brian.There are pleanty of shots with a fraction of the wheels missing-it just depends on if it kills the shot.

Comment

Working...
                  X