Finally took the L-glass plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally took the L-glass plunge

Well, the time finally came that I had to bite my lip and dive into the Canon L-glass world.

No regrets so far, the 70-200 F2.8L is AMAZING! Here are some shots

And a sample...

Thanks!

Andrew C

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM....that's nice.....

Tech Q: I'm still getting used to camera jargon. What's the difference between my 200/4-5.6 and this lens? And how to the f-stops play into all this?
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Congratulations

Looks great on your camera, but I would look even better in mine

What lens did you had before and which is the main difference you have found?
      I'm considering buyin a 100-400L but I've also heard some nice comments on the Canon 70-300mm IS... which costs 1/3 the L lens.
      Daniel Umaņa
      Aviation photography of Costa Rica :rolleyes:
      www.AviacionCR.net

View my photos at Jetphotos.net
      View my photos at AviacionCR.net

Comment

That dog looks a bit weird, doesn't have much of a life does it? ...

Seriously, congrats on the new lens. How far away were you from that dog? I just ask, because of the ears which seem to be out of focus.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
          That dog looks a bit weird, doesn't have much of a life does it? ...

Seriously, congrats on the new lens. How far away were you from that dog? I just ask, because of the ears which seem to be out of focus.
          About 6-8 feet away from the statue. I was shooting it in the dark (all the lighting is from my flash).

Comment

Congratulation on your recent purchase. I myself is also an f2.8 owner. And it's worth all the pennies spent IMO.
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMM....that's nice.....

Tech Q: I'm still getting used to camera jargon. What's the difference between my 200/4-5.6 and this lens? And how to the f-stops play into all this?
              Yours must be a tele if it's 4-5.6 so I'm guess it's an 70-200 which would be it's a F4 at 70 and 5.6 at the 200. The lens above is a fixed F2.8 all all lenghts which allows more light in.

Comment

Wouldn't be any good to me at all.......

.....but then, I use Nikons.

Only kidding...nice bit of kit.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Congrats on the new lens! It's a wonderful lens that performs amazingly in most situations. I own the F2.8L IS as do a couple of people i know and no one as has had any complaints with it so far. It works fantastically with a 1.4x too.

I upgraded from a 70-200F4L and for aviation the difference is minimal,for my other work such as newspaper and portraits it is wonderful to get that extra stop of light.

Chris
                  Chris Sharps
                  5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                  17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                  24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                  1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Very nice lens, but I'm with Brian

I did have the opportunity to play with the Nikon equivalent to that lens when the A380 came into LAX and was highly impressed. I could do stuff i never thought possible with my 4.5-5.6 lens.

Comment

Originally posted by chris78cpr
                      Congrats on the new lens! It's a wonderful lens that performs amazingly in most situations. I own the F2.8L IS as do a couple of people i know and no one as has had any complaints with it so far. It works fantastically with a 1.4x too.

Chris
                      Agreed...it's an awesome lens and continues to deliver A1 results even with a 1.4x slapped on the end. It's a far cry from my 100-400 which was inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                        Agreed...it's an awesome lens and continues to deliver A1 results even with a 1.4x slapped on the end. It's a far cry from my 100-400 which was inconsistent.
                        Here here.. It's the best lens I have ever had. You (James R.) were actually the one who recommended the lens in one of the lens-threads. Now I have had it just over 2 months now, and it works perfect. Totally not complaining at all. Truly the best zoom lens out there.

Now that I love photography, wether it's aviation related or general shooting, you really get good shots with this lens. So for that, I'd like to thank some of you Canonites for the help I've got. Really appreciated.
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

70-200 2.8 IS awesome lens, I'm certainly going to get one to replace my 70-200 f/4 as soon as I've "recovered" from the cost of getting 300mm prime
                          http://ovp.fi

Comment

The Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS is an awesome lens. I would recommend it to ALL. If you were considering the f/4 because you don't have the funds... wait and save to purchase the f/2.8L IS.

Dean

Comment

Working...
                            X