Distance shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance shots

I had a recent rejection for incorrect information. I took a shot of what I thought was a KLM 747 flying way way above Manchester Airport.

My question is, if I cannot see the aircraft number/code, how can I input the correct info into the upload page, avoiding rejections?

I have seen photos in the database of aircraft flying at above 30K feet, but with full aircraft details, anyone tell me how I can get the necessary info?
    Cheers
    Murt

Good question ....

Without having a scanner or the like available ( ACARS etc ) i would assume that you confirm the aircraft type , very easy to tell ... 744 / 743 etc etc..

Then see what KLM type they have in the fleet 9 times out of 10 they will only operate a certain type of 744 or 743 ..

A quick search of the DB has confirmed that KLM only currently operate 747-406's so i would perhaps re-upload it under that type.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo
      Good question ....

A quick search of the DB has confirmed that KLM only currently operate 747-406's so i would perhaps re-upload it under that type.

regards
      I see, but as you use the plural 747-406's, there must be more than one. I guess it won't really matter which a/c number is submitted? On the other hand, what if I cannot tell which airline is operating the aircraft and its just a 747?
      regards
      Murt
      Last edited by turbotraker; 2007-03-25, 00:55.

Comment

Murt,

What day/time did you take the shot. I will try to get the reg via a SBS log if I had it on at the time...

Thanks,
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
          Murt,

What day/time did you take the shot. I will try to get the reg via a SBS log if I had it on at the time...

Thanks,
          Sam
          Cheers Sam, but I am currently at work. Soon as I get in the morning, I will check the pic and let you know.
          regards
          Murt

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
            Murt,

Thanks,
            Sam
            PM for you Sam
            Cheers
            Murt

Comment

Which was the incorrect info? Or can you post the rejection here?
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                Which was the incorrect info? Or can you post the rejection here?
                Unfortunatley, the rejection has lapsed from my rejected list, it was rejected over a week ago. All I remember doing was, looking in JP for other KLM 747 (it looked like a KLM from the colour pattern on the underside of the tail end) and used a a/c reg number from there.
                Last edited by turbotraker; 2007-03-25, 16:28.

Comment

No chance to help you in that case. The photo could have been rejected for having location = "inflight", which would be wrong.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                  X