Shooting at Munich, Innsbruck and Zurich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting at Munich, Innsbruck and Zurich

Hi guys, does anyone have any advise for shooting at the above three airports? Looks like I have the opportunity to get free tickets so depending on the better half I may get a chance in early May.

Thanks in advance!

I have plenty of advise on Zurich of course Just start on my website (URL in sig).

INN is great in January/February, with all the charters. I for one would only go, if there is snow, which adds a lot to the scenery. Compare the photos from Jan 2007 and Jan 2006.

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

ZRH : Great airport and same traffic all year long, very good spots. You'll easly find spotters to drive you around there, including Gerardo or me ... What about making a small JP.crew meeting there ?

INN: only good in winter month's SATURDAYS if you can be there on a snow covered INN on saturday it's just wonderful

MUC: good traffic and many photos opportunities. Been there twice, only problem was the weather

Cheers
      Alex

Comment

And skipping DUS

Comment

AJ, i can help you out with INN and MUC, as Omar said, the only problems i had was the weather. have a chat with me next time you see me online.

Cheers,
          Paul.
          My photos on J.net

Comment

Small JPnet meet at ZRH? I'd be all for it.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

ZRH is very spotter friendly, and although i've only been the once i'd come back again to go on the ramp tours again. Great obs decks too.
              What dates are likely, as i might see if i can find a cheap ticket to come over or use some Star miles or something?

Comment

Come on 1st of May and I'll be at ZRH also.
                http://ovp.fi

Comment

Connected thru ZRH in late December, had a 4 hour connection and spent an hour and a half up in the viewing area in the freezing cold weather. Always, you'll meet aviation photographers everyday, the view is awesome...reminds me of the viewing area in Tokyo but without the damn fences.

I'll definately plan on ZRH next year and hoping to get a ramp tour as what James said. There are always summer meets in Zurich, so that might be a good time to go.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks guys. I may be unreliable for a meet up as photos may lead to divorce so I have to find the balance!

Unfortunately choice of seasons etc is not an option, we fly in to MUC early May on Emirates and fly out of Zurich five days later! The plan is to hire a car and drive via Innsbruck.

Wow Gerardo thanks for the link, that's an impressive site you have! Fingers crossed for good weather in Zurich. I might try get up early early and head out there.

As for Innsbruck Paul tells me the viewer's terrace is excellent so I might have a look up there!

In Munich I've seen shots of the viewer's park, can anyone post example shots from there please?

Sorry Stefan, DUS is a bit of our track this time.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi AJ,

As others said Innsbruck is only spectacular in winter with all the charters but with some patience and luck you might get to see some awesome approaches. I recommend you to check out this web site, also traffic information can be found there:
                      members.chello.at/herbert.jende

Despite the terrace I would also check out the spot called 'Inn-Dam' (see site above).
                      You wont get any closer to aircraft on approach anywhere in Europe.

...who knows, maybe you might be lucky and P4-MES turns up too. Mr. Abramovich has been to INN twice this week...

As for MUC, I'd go to the southern runway. There is a spotter-hill at 26L but with a ladder you can position yourself anywhere you wish along the fence. Unfortunately light is bad on the northern runway where most LH heavies arrive.
                      See www.muc-spotter.de

By the way, it would be nice to meet you at any of the three airports If you like to.
                      Last edited by philip; 2007-04-14, 19:03.
                      greetings,
                      Philip

Comment

Thanks guys I definitely be in touch when I have more definite plans!

Comment

Working...
                        X