Photography at CDG Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography at CDG Question

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone has been to CDG lately? I've got chance to go in a few weeks and was wondering what the situation with Photography is now, I recall a while it was banned. I've never been there for a day spotting and was wondering where "the mound" is and can we still take photo's there?

If CDG is still awkward is Orly any better and do they have a decent viewing area for photography?

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers, Steve

Not been there for a year and a half. For as far as I know the situation is as follows:

• Photography of planes is allowed, photography of infrastructure is NOT allowed.
    • I believe the mounds is no longer allowed for photography. You will have to find some spot on the perimeter for final approach shots. There are quite a few spots, but having a car will be necessary.
    • Most importantly is that you will need to get a photography permit! The local police amd military patrol the airport frequently and will ask you for ID and this permit. Not sure how bi-lingual they are!

Obtaining a permit can be done by sending a copy of you passport to the local autorities. This is the adress of the prefecture (borough):

M. le Sous-Préfet chargé des aéroports de Paris Charles de Gaulle et de Paris le Bourget *
    Préfecture de la Seine-Saint-Denis
    1 Esplanade Jean Moulin
    93007 Bobigny Cedex
    [email protected]

From one of the other forums I am a member of I also got this direct contact within the local police force:

Xavier HUBY
    Commandant de Police
    Chargé de l'Observatoire de la délinquance et du suivi
    du Contrat Aéroportuaire de Sécurité sur l'aéroport de Roissy Charles de Gaulle

Tél : 01 74 37 77 16
    Fax: 01 48 62 75 88

* How's that for a work title! Wit a name like that you are forgiven to think he is more important then the Prime Minister!
    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Peter, thanks for the detailed reply it's a great help. I'll write and ask for a permit, are any of the photography spots in reach by taxi or bus? My driving abroad isn't good I have to say.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Just heard that the mounds overlooking the taxiway are still accessible (with above mentioned permit).
        Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

I know someone who went to CDG a few weeks ago and they never mentioned the permit. Yes, the Police, Security patrol often but he said that they hid the cameres as they passed to give the impression that they was merely spectators? And I also think he was at the mound.

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

Originally posted by stu2ii2
            I know someone who went to CDG a few weeks ago and they never mentioned the permit. Yes, the Police, Security patrol often but he said that they hid the cameres as they passed to give the impression that they was merely spectators? And I also think he was at the mound.

Not something i would like to try my luck with.

[email protected] you written your letter off to the Prefect?
            if so what was the response/process?
            My photos on J.net

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys. Paul, I'm going to write my letter tonight, I rather be safe than sorry. As soon as I hear anything I'll post the outcome.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

sorry to barge in on this post, but since its about CDG, I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread. I'm flying from Manchester to Mauritius in September with Air France via Paris CDG. I'll have about 3 hours between flights. Two questions; is photography allowed in the transit / departure lounge and secondly, do you get decent enough views of the apron and aircraft to make photography possible?

Thanks,

Darren
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Darren,

Not too sure about photography in transit or in terminal, but it isnt worth it to be honest with you - not if you are thinking about uploading anything here.

I sent my letter off about 3 weeks ago, and recieved an almost instant response and was sent to me via snail make.

If anyone wants a copy of the letter than i sent in French, let me know.

Cheers,
                  Paul.
                  My photos on J.net

Comment

Thanks Paul. I'm not too worried about uploading shots, it was more something to do while I'm there for 3 hours, thought I might as well have a walk around and try and get a few photo's of aircraft I wouldn't normally see. I'll only be travelling with a wide lens, don't have the room for anything else with my scuba gear with me so nothing serious. There's only so much shopping and eating/drinking you can do before an 11 hour flight!

Thanks again,

Darren
                    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                    X