Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this picture for real?

OK, now before I begin, I want to make a few things clear:
    1. I generally object to people questioning the legitimacy of photos posted on this or any other aviation website - indeed I have previously spoken up for photographers who have faced such accusations.
    2. I don't have a single photo uploaded on any of the major sites and the ones on my own site I accept are not great quality, so it's probably not my place to comment, but...

I have looked closely at this photo which is currently gracing the Hot Photos banner on A.net...

I have looked on the Terminal B at Zürich how this plane rotate from Rwy 16! During the take-off, I heard 3 or 4 very loud bangs and then I saw the fire which came out of Engine 2. I took my camera and made a shot. What luck to see the flame because she was only visible for a few seconds! Please check out the original picture by clicking here. - Photo taken at Zurich (- Kloten) (ZRH / LSZH) in Switzerland on October 31, 1997.

It may just be the lighting conditions, but why would the flame not create any reflection or aura on any part of the tail or rear fuselage?

PLEASE do not flame me over this. I thoroughly admit that I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I am curious. I am interested in the comments of those a little wiser than me when it comes to aviation photography.
    AIRIGAMI.NET
    http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

I also note that the photographer in question has over 350 pictures on A.net, so I have decided that I do trust the legitimacy of the picture (i.e., I don't think it is fake) but I am curious about the lighting effects.
    AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

What about this picture?? I'm not sure what to think.

Comment

AC_A340-500,

I think the photo you linked to IS a bit iffy!
        AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

The B-1 image is not a photograph, it is a painting!

Jeff

Comment

The B-1 image is not a photograph, it is a painting!
            It is very dark, and hard to see any detail. Either way, it is a stunning picture, real or not, photograph or not! (Although it would be more stunning if it weren't so dark!)
            AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

Back to the VASP picture, is it just me or is everything motion blurred except for the flame. Correct me if im wrong but that's just how it looks to me...

Comment

Back to the VASP picture, is it just me or is everything motion blurred except for the flame. Correct me if im wrong but that's just how it looks to me...
                You know, that's exactly what I was thinking when I looked at it.

Comment

I know that there is no way to tell ho high the plane is already, but nonetheless, the pilots have made no effort to retract the landing gear. Perhaps they are aware of the problem and kept the gear out to conduct a go-around?

Comment

Its for real.

Comment

I think it's a FAKE! First of all, on the tail, the unusually bright fire doesnt reflect off it at all. nothing is charred. Nothing is missing (not that it has to be). Also, look near the front of the plane. There's a strange whiteness that stops a few windows before the first emergency door. Also, the white is on the wheels, but notice the whiteness stops just after the fuselage and it doesnt really match the surrounding sky. It looks really, really fake to me.
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

I'm still undecieded...it may be real though...i'd have to see an original print.

Comment

I believe this is fake or somewhat edited, the fact that the fire is so much sharper than the aircraft is odd also usually fire also comes with smoke after it. The fire would also actually come from inside the engine not suddenly starts. I would need a print of some sort to believe its real anyway despite having a few pictures on the other site i still think its doctored in some way or another. Any pictures of that aircraft in the future should note the back of the tail fin for burn marks .
                          Unless VASP opted for afterburners on there MD-11's.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
                          View the Darkside

Comment

I really think it's a fake.I'm not an expert but I am allowed to have my own opinion.Something just looks fishy about the flame.This guy does have many photos on A.net but nothing really "popular".Also wondering why he would wait 6 years to show it?

Scott
                            "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all
                            doubt."

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

It's a strange scenario, only thought flames like that appeared during ground run/starts. If it is fake the photog knows it and he'll feel guilty about it but since he uploaded it I will trust it is real. This photo seems to be the hot topic everywhere (WBSpotters, etc.) but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X