Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panning

Hi

Anyone have any panning tips? Yesterday, I tried for the first time but I got it severely overexposed. How do you expose it correctly? And how do you set up your tripod? Lock it into one position and just move it horizontally? Or leave it loose?
    http://www.jetphotos.net/user-uploads/Copy of IMG_4601.JPG

Thanks for any tips,
    Douglas

Well for one thing shoot in shutter priority. Your f number is gonna be waaaaaaayyy up there if it's sunny out. Sometimes it might not even be possible to get panning shots that aren't overexposed it it's really bright out. I'd maybe try underexposing -07. As for getting the shot, there's no substitute for a steady hand and plenty of practice. IS helps, if you're a wimp. jk

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
      Well for one thing shoot in shutter priority. Your f number is gonna be waaaaaaayyy up there if it's sunny out. Sometimes it might not even be possible to get panning shots that aren't overexposed it it's really bright out. I'd maybe try underexposing -07. As for getting the shot, there's no substitute for a steady hand and plenty of practice. IS helps, if you're a wimp. jk
      Jordan is right. I did some panning shots in april at 1/40. Get the ISO value as low as possible, if necesary underexpose -0,3 or 0,7 and practice to get those flexible 'Elvis hips' you need to get a steady shot . And yes, I am a complete whimp with my VR lense But a heavy camera/lenses may help too to get a steady hand...

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Working...
      X