Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensor Cleaning

Dunno is it is in the right forum but..

Will a pure air blower help in removing soem dust from the sensor?

Ruben

Not really, all you will succeed in doing is blowing the dust around for it to reappear on the sensor, I would recommend pec-pads and some cleaning fluid.

http://http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

Matt
    http://matthew-taylor.fotopic.net/ for my personal gallery.

Comment

Well I had good results by just using a blower. Make sure you point the opening for the lense down and then give the camera a few well aimed burst with a blower.

If this does not work, I would recommend a speckgrabber to remove a few dustspots.

If that does not work sensorbrush and only if that does also not work then specpads and eclipse.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt replies....

I'm getting fed up of the enormous ammount of dust appearing out of nowhere (without me changing lenses)... The air here is so dusty...... and it just enters from the lenses

Anyways, it seems I will need to continue using that dreaded spot healing tool

Ruben

Comment

Bulb blowers are almost completely useless. My advice is take it to a place and get it cleaned, if you can get it for cheap. I don't think it's worth risking damaging your sensor.

Comment

'Sensor Swab' by Photographic Solution Inc. does the job for me.
            greetings,
            Philip

Comment

I just took my camera in today for a sensor cleaning, 29 bucks and no dust, I'm happy.

Comment

If it is a small spot, I use this blower called the rocket blower. You squeeze it and the air blows the specs away. just make sure you do not have it on the sensor itself. I had this problem and used it and it gor the dirt spot off quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                  I just took my camera in today for a sensor cleaning, 29 bucks and no dust, I'm happy.
                  I took it once and they charged me around $47... btu dad doesn't want to pay 47 dollars to clean the sensor knowing that ti will get dirty again in 2/3 months time

Ruben

Comment

Well visit Cincinnati, last I heard it's only $10.
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Or get a job, then daddy wont have to fork out $47 to clean the camera he brought for you...

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                        Or get a job, then daddy wont have to fork out $47 to clean the camera he brought for you...

Yeh a sumer job! Altough the camera is not officially mine... I 'stole' it from dad Sneeky me!

Comment

I've completely given up on the Rocket Blower after seeing how many tiny specks of crap it planted onto my 30D's sensor as I was trying to get rid of some bigger specks. In fact, as seems to be the case with many new 30D's, it was covered in crap right out of the box! I've Sensor Swabbed it twice and that's done the trick nicely, and as you're not in direct contact with the CMOS or CCD itself, unless you're really careless there's no real risk to your sensor. You just have to be sensible and careful! I was trying to find some Swabs in Leeds a few weeks ago, and was told by one shop (who didn't stock them), they did a sensor cleaning service for £47. I'd much rather do it myself and have some spare beer (or film) money!

Paul
                          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN
                            I've completely given up on the Rocket Blower after seeing how many tiny specks of crap it planted onto my 30D's sensor as I was trying to get rid of some bigger specks. In fact, as seems to be the case with many new 30D's, it was covered in crap right out of the box! I've Sensor Swabbed it twice and that's done the trick nicely, and as you're not in direct contact with the CMOS or CCD itself, unless you're really careless there's no real risk to your sensor. You just have to be sensible and careful! I was trying to find some Swabs in Leeds a few weeks ago, and was told by one shop (who didn't stock them), they did a sensor cleaning service for £47. I'd much rather do it myself and have some spare beer (or film) money!

Paul
                            £47?!!! Daylight robbery lol. I get my sensor cleaned for £15 every 3-6 months in London. Although your right about the 30D being a dust monster. I swear those guys at the factory get bored when putting them together and decide to chuck them around in saw dust lol. Id much rather fork out alittle cash and get it professionaly cleaned (seems to stay clean allot longer) that have a hap-hazard go myself and run the risk of ruining the sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                              I get my sensor cleaned for £15 every 3-6 months in London.
                              Dan your gonna have to tell us where you get it cleaned for £15, mine is full of crap too.

Comment

Working...
                              X