Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOT THIS
    replied
    Well, I recieved and played around with my Bigma! It's definitely a sunlight camera. I was having problems with it in anything less than bright light. One other disturbing thing is it seems blurry at 50mm (the small end, believe it or not) I noticed this on some photos of flowers I took, but didn't think much of it. I took it to ATL today and noticed it was doing the same thing. I hope I didn't get a bad copy.

Slight vinette at 500mm, but not a glaring fault and easily cropped out.

The weight isn't much of an issue. I'm having a harder time because the ring turns the opposite way as my Canon lenses, and it's stiff.

I also had to mess around to see which settings work best. I finally got good results in AV mode at f8, 100 iso. I'm having some difficulty figuring out which autofocus mode works best for it, AI focus, or AI servo. Any suggestions?

I was just wondering what settings you use that you find created the best results?

Again, thanks for you help!
    B

Leave a comment:

• F3Hadlow
    replied
    Not the choice I would have made, but good luck all the same.

Leave a comment:

• philip
    replied
    hhmmm I hope you will be satisfied with it. I had serious vignetting problems on the long end...

Leave a comment:

• SPOT THIS
    replied
    Welp, as of yesterday, I joined team Bigma. Can't wait to get it and tear ass with it.

Thanks for all your advice!

B

Leave a comment:

• AlanF
    replied
    Bigma all the way i have had mine for 6 months now and now that i have learnt to hand hold it even better

FG

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    replied
    The Bigma is a great choice!

Leave a comment:

• Longreach747
    replied
    Bigma...3000 photos between the 2 sites can't be all bad!

Leave a comment:

• gocaps16
    replied
    Originally posted by Top_Gun
    I've had mine for over a year, I'm at air shows from 7:30am till they kick me out normally around 6pm or so. What I've done, and have seen others to is rotate the mounting ring to the top so it's a handle.

You're not a "girly man" are you (Hans and Frans quote)
    As for the tripod handle, mine is the same way on my lense. As for "girly man"...nah, im not, I opted to spend twice as much for the 80-400VR.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by SPOT THIS
    Knowing your track record with gear breaking...I'm keeping whatever I get FAR away from you!
    only when you're around... Like me, my gear seems to be allergic to you...
    about the weight, when I tried the bigma for a few moments I didn't had the feeling it was that heavy... not worst than my 70-200 2.8 at least... not the kind of zoom you'll keep around your neck all day long but still very easy... and with that lense you'll look like any russian spotter next summer

Say hi to Hobbes

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    Originally posted by gocaps16
    Hey B,

That's why most people refer to the "Bigma" as a tank becuase it is built like one. Personally, I thought about that lense, but just thinking about carrying that glass for several hours. That doesn't sound too fun or seriouslyfunny.
    I've had mine for over a year, I'm at air shows from 7:30am till they kick me out normally around 6pm or so. What I've done, and have seen others to is rotate the mounting ring to the top so it's a handle.

You're not a "girly man" are you (Hans and Frans quote)

Leave a comment:

• SPOT THIS
    replied
    Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
    Hey Gland...
    you know I'll vote for the 50-500 don't u ?

Alex
    Knowing your track record with gear breaking...I'm keeping whatever I get FAR away from you!

I've heard back from a few photographers I really respect (not you Alex ) and they can't say enuff good things about the Bigma.

I'm really leaning towards the Bigma now, and I should be purchasing it this week, unless someone can make a case for the Canon 35-350L.

...and damnit why isn't my banner working?!
    Last edited by SPOT THIS; 2007-05-30, 23:13.

Leave a comment:

• gocaps16
    replied
    Hey B,

That's why most people refer to the "Bigma" as a tank becuase it is built like one. Personally, I thought about that lense, but just thinking about carrying that glass for several hours. That doesn't sound too fun or seriouslyfunny.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    I love my Bigma, you can't beat the range for the price. I know a few people who have it as well for both Canon and Nikon and they don't regret it.

300-350mm normally isn't enough for aircraft IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Hey Gland...
    you know I'll vote for the 50-500 don't u ?

Alex

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    If you want just one lense to cover most situations, I think 35mm is more handy then 500mm at 6.3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X