AF Problem on the Rebel XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF Problem on the Rebel XT

Anyone have this problem? I've taken over 11,000 photos with my Rebel XT and it's pretty dirty, but the pictures still come out fine. However today I discovered it's only using 1 AF point, the one to the far left, to focus. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to use all of them like it used to. I don't know when it started, but I found it having focus problems today and decided to investigate. I know it's not the lenses because it does it with all of them.

Any ideas/settings to change?

-Steve

Might you have accidently only selected the one AF point? Not sure how to select it on an XT as I use a 10D and 30D but im sure it will be in your manual.
    E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

You're right, thats exactly what I did. Someone helped me figure out how to change it back. I have no idea how it happened.

-Steve

Comment

I often manage to change the focus points and exposure bias by putting my camera away while still on! I had to change my habits for that one....and my tendency to forget to reset the ISO after low light shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
          I often manage to change the focus points and exposure bias by putting my camera away while still on! I had to change my habits for that one....and my tendency to forget to reset the ISO after low light shooting.
          urgh I do that all the time, it drives me mad.... finding out that I spotted all day shooting on ISO 1600
          Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
          Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Thats the absolute worst. I check it about 3 times before I go out shooting sometimes.

Comment

To change the autofocus points on the 350D/Rebel XT press the little circular button at top right on the camera back while looking through the viewfinder. The active focus point will light up. Then use any of the keys around the SET button to cycle through the points. When all of the focus points light up, press the button at top right again. All points should now be active.

Comment

Working...
              X