Old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old photos

I've been looking in my photo albums and seeing all the rare photos I have... Now one question popeed in mind...

When you scan these photos, the quality will be bad, but do these photos get consideration even if their quality is not really up to standard?

Ruben

Yes, we accept a lesser quality for scanned shots, if they are old. However the quality does not need to be so bad if you do everything right when scanning and editing.

[photoid=5927843]

[photoid=5910212]
    My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
    My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
    ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
      Yes, we accept a lesser quality for scanned shots, if they are old. However the quality does not need to be so bad if you do everything right when scanning and editing.

[photoid=5927843]
      Well this is photo is circa 1987, tkane with a Zenith camera, I'll try and scan it to max quality so I'll be able to get this photo in...

Btw, this photo is of A C5 with old engines in malta, It is a super rare photo, and it is very old... The New airport was still being built.

Comment

I recently scanned a few 41-year old SLIDES and used Photoshop to restore them. 3 of them currently in the queue!
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Just make sure the slides/negs etc are totally clean when you scan them. Much of the quality can be lost with poorly cared for photos when viewing them on a computer screen. Personally, I love the older commercial photos. Its a real treat when screening the countless A320's to happen across a TWA707 circa 1970's. Our screening criteria and acceptance is considerably lower for these older photos as we really value them highly as additions to the DB.

Comment

With a bit of luck, once I'm settled in my new job and found a place to live, I'll have spare time to start scanning more of my older slides and uploading them. And, you never know, I might get the quality right!

The more older and therefore rarer pictures we get the better I think. I'm just sad that much of my opportunities for pictures were missed. It's nice to see the ones that weren't.

And to anyone that is thinking about scanning and uploading - do it, don't dither about!!

Andy

Comment

A bigggggggggggggg thanks goes to the screeners for accepting the photo!

Thumbs up guys!

Ruben

Comment

[photoid=5999118]

Nice one! Pity the USAF got rid of that three-tone camo scheme ... it had a lot more character than today's standard-issue grey!

Comment

Originally posted by kukkudrill
                  [photoid=5999118]

Nice one! Pity the USAF got rid of that three-tone camo scheme ... it had a lot more character than today's standard-issue grey!
                  Thanks Charles.... Now I'll try to upload one of the starlifter and accompanied this Galaxy!

Comment

Working...
                  X