Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Someone Help me With These Shots?

Hi Guys,

I recently got these two shots rejected, can anyone help in order to what can I do to them and re-send them?

http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=1477199
    http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=1477201

Thanks in Advance!
    Tomas.

Well for both of them, go easy on the sharpening, and erase any jaggies that might pop up.
    On the first one, it's kind of between silhouette and dusk shot. To me it looks like there's too much contrast. And the sky looks really strange, like it's had neatimage or something used on it.
    For the second one, we can barely see the plane. It blends in too much with the buildings and it just looks like the nose and tail sticking out.

Comment

While I know this isn't photojournalism, one of the number one rules is go for a clean background. You can't even see the plane in the second shot...just wait until it gets above the building.

You could have had an amazing shot if you would have zoomed out got the terminal silhouette, the sunburst, and the plane rising above the terminal.

Don't always shoot for JP! Look at the broader photo!
      Tanner Johnson - Owner
      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
        While I know this isn't photojournalism, one of the number one rules is go for a clean background. You can't even see the plane in the second shot...just wait until it gets above the building.

You could have had an amazing shot if you would have zoomed out got the terminal silhouette, the sunburst, and the plane rising above the terminal.

Don't always shoot for JP! Look at the broader photo!
        Hi Tanner,

Take a look at the shot before the one posted, I didn't have a short lens on the camera for that type of shot, my biggest problem was the position of the sun, if it would have been more to the left it would have blended nicely and not make the aircraft loose its shape with the terminal:

I was very dissapointed since this is very hard to see in SJO but I guess they can count towards my personal collection if I can't fix them :S.

Regards,
        Tomas.

Comment

the first one has a rather large halo around the tail section and is heavily compressed, you can tell the compression from looking at the sky directly behind the tail. It's also very jaggie...look at the flap slats. the second one is way to dark, you can't even make out the number 3 engine or the undercarriage area of the plane let alone the lower fuselage from the middle of the plane to the rear.

the attempt you've posted above is still very jagged and dark, ideally, for a silhouette shot, you want to get the plane right when it blocks the sun fully and without buildings in the background which the a/c will blend in to.

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
            the first one has a rather large halo around the tail section and is heavily compressed, you can tell the compression from looking at the sky directly behind the tail. It's also very jaggie...look at the flap slats. the second one is way to dark, you can't even make out the number 3 engine or the undercarriage area of the plane let alone the lower fuselage from the middle of the plane to the rear.

the attempt you've posted above is still very jagged and dark, ideally, for a silhouette shot, you want to get the plane right when it blocks the sun fully and without buildings in the background which the a/c will blend in to.

Thanks for the advice Montague , what happened is that usually at this time of the year in SJO, the sun will set directly behind the terminal and it was very unusual to have such a clear day because we are just in the middle of the rainy season, as a matter of fact, the next day it was pouring with rain all afternoon. I think that the "silhoutte" shots are keepers since if I lighten them up they are useless.

Just as a side note, the sunsets between November-March are usually along these angles:

[photoid=5932857]

[photoid=5760487]
            [photoid=5759726]

And one of my all-time favorites:

[photoid=5676130]

Thanks to all for the help
            Tomas.

Comment

Working...
            X