Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography at EDDK

Hi,

I'm heading off to Germany on Thursday for a while and will be spending most of my time near EDDK, Köln/Bonn. I'm wondering if photography is still ok there (I've been after 9/11, but not in a few years). I'm also wondering what places there are to get good photos, the only place I've tried is from the forest that supposedly has undetonated explosives in it, at the end of the 'main' runway.

Thanks.

EDDL (DUS Dusseldorf) is just next to EDDK and there are 2 terraces for spotting

EDDK have a terrace too, but with big windows

Manu
    Last edited by Pitchul; 2007-06-26, 06:48.

My other pictures: http://pbase.com/pitchul

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Well, I'd like to stay with CGN, because I am staying with family who live right under the approach paths. The aircraft are just far away enough to make photography difficult, but close enough to sit outside and watch for a couple of hours.

Comment

Are you sure you mean DUS?

EDDF is Frankfurt, I think. That's an hour drive from EDDK, if you're lucky. Usually takes longer, if I remember correctly.

Comment

EDDK has a terrace with tinted windows - unfortunately. Some times you can climb on chairs to shoot over it, some times security does not allow that.

SPOTTER.KOELN, die Webseite über Plane-Spotting, dem beobachten und fotografieren von Verkehrsflugzeugen, ging bereits im Mai 1999 als spotter-cgn.de zum ersten

Comment

Originally posted by Gimli Glider
            Are you sure you mean DUS?

EDDF is Frankfurt, I think. That's an hour drive from EDDK, if you're lucky. Usually takes longer, if I remember correctly.
            Yeah, i meaned EDDL

My other pictures: http://pbase.com/pitchul

Comment

It is possible to get good shots through the glass if you put your lens right up to it

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                EDDK has a terrace with tinted windows - unfortunately. Some times you can climb on chairs to shoot over it, some times security does not allow that.
                I was there in May and I don't recall the glass being tinted. I basically did like Alan said and I didn't have any problems with tint. Find yourself a clean stretch of glass and if you have a lens hood use it because it really helps cut out reflections. Or else take a set of folding steps. A couple of people were using them while I was there and nobody stopped them.

If rwy 32R is in use you won't need to shoot through the glass at all -- you can catch the planes as they climb above it, but you'll need a fairly long lens.

Comment

Working...
                X