Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon EOS 400D

Hi,

I'll buy a new camera in the following weeks and I'm thinking about the 400D.

Do you think it is a good camera for plane spotting?

Does anyone use it? Are you satisfied with this camera?

Would you advise me to buy it? If not, what else (with a similar price)?
    Want to trade some safety cards? Go to www.safetycardsgeneva.com

I use a 400D and I am well pleased with it. It takes a while to get used to the fact the settings are displayed on the 2 inch screen on the back instead of the seperate little screen but the best thing is I have been using it 11 months now and still not a single dust spot due to its self cleaning shaker mechanism.

Comment

No probs with the 400D, except complete opposite to Colin on the dust. I turned off the cleaning mechanism and it's been a huge improvement. If your putting a big lens on a battery grip will definately help with balance.

Comment

I bought mine from Honk Kong Supplies on EBAY for the price of the body in the UK I got a Genuine Battery Grip spare baterry and other accessories for the same price with them.

Comment

Just got mine last week, haven't had much of a chance to mess with it because I'm moving but so far I love what it does.

I need a good lense again...sold my 70-200 f/4 L to pay some bills
          In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

I've heard very good things about the 400d and i don't think i've come across one person yet who's got one who has been disappointed with it. I'm seriously considering getting one myself as a second/travel body. Image quality is excellent, but it does lack in a couple areas, namely 3fps compared with the 5fps on the 20/30d and 9fps on the 1dmk2..which for many people wont be an issue and a couple of other features. If you want a decent budget Canon buy with confidence.

Comment

Thanks for the answers! With your advises I think I'll buy this camera.

Regards,
              Romain
              Want to trade some safety cards? Go to www.safetycardsgeneva.com

Comment

Hello,
                I had a Fuji FinePix S9000 and three month ago I change it for the Canon 400D XTi, and nothing to say about it, is a great camera. I´m using it with the Caron lens 70-300 IS USM.

At the biggining I was a big change from my old camera, I had to learn all over again about the right setting and all that, but now, I´m improving my shots.

Here a few examples:

[photoid=6022263]

[photoid=6005459]

[photoid=5984771]

[photoid=6015534]

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                X