My first Jetphoto images attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Jetphoto images attempt

Being new to jetphoto/airline photography ... I have been fascinated by the excellent work and varied amount of images displayed on this forum.

I took this image earlier this year (February 2007) at McCarran / KLAS (Las Vegas, NV).

I am open to any suggestions etc!

hmmmmm....it said the image was already uploaded...ok where did it go??

I will ck back in a few...ooops!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9...g?t=1186596726

Well I couldn't upload ....so I included a link...

Not seeing anything Mike.

Comment

Ok, here is the run-down. 10/10 for motive in my opinion, fantastic composition.
      Where the pic is let down? Well it is soft, and very grainy, going by the top of the building it also appears slightly unlevel, and Im not sure what screeners wold make of it in regards to the aircraft not centered or if the aircraft is too far away.

I personally really like it!!

Comment

Hmm...they might get you on noise, heat distortion, and/or too far...Don't just take my word, though, as I may be way off. And if I'm not, don't get discouraged. I've been at this for 2+ years, and it's still a rare occasion that I get one accepted
        Cheers,
        Mitch

Comment

Very nice motive! But I think it will go down for too far away and soft.

Soren
          Regards
          Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Ok thanks gang...appreciate everyone's insight. I will work a little harder to improve and consider your suggestions for the next time.

Comment

Seeing the properties of the picture, I see that you edited with Picasa. If you can get hold of Photoshop, you can get better enhancements for photos. A lot of jetphotos members use photoshop.

To avoid the haze try to shoot near the aircraft with not a lot of zoom. Also if you want to get a sharpened picture, I can recommend shooting at Aperture Priority F8.0.

Pity, because the motive is really nice, with the janet 732. Keep on working hard, I'm sure you'll soon get your first pic. Do not worry, when I had my first photo uploaded it was rejected with reasons, and at that time I was disastrous, but I am glad to say that with jp.net's standards I have improved.

Ruben

Comment

What..

Someone came into my home field and didn't look me up?

I usually try and help everyone who passes thru LAS. If your a local then I can help with a lot more then just info on where to go..

Email me [email protected]

Dave

Comment

Working...
                X