Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some uploading questions...

Hey fellow photographers,

I was wondering if I should upload this after reading a recent post about one aircraft blocking the other. If yes, how should I go about filling out the database? Lastly, what should I do if I absolutely do not know the registration of an aircraft? (In this case, I don't know the reg. of the 737 in front). Thanks in advance for your help!

Click Here for my aviation photographs.
    No Frontiers

Hi

If I happen to screen it, I would doubt a little bit. BUT, if it was cropped a little bit tighter I wouldn't hesitate a second to accept it. Get my hint?

This picture is completely different ot the one discussed in an other topic. Here you have two US Airways B737 and NOTHING is hiding parts of either aircraft. In my opinion, this is an interesting shot.

Off Topic: Why do I have the feeling, that the rear aircraft is bigger, than the other?

Cheers
    Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerardo,

Thanks for your help, I will see if I can crop it. How about the registration- do I really have to put it in if I don't know?

Now that you mentioned it, the rear aircraft does look bigger. At first I thought it was a -400 but I noticed it only has one overwing door. Maybe Boeing had a special version of the -300 they didn't tell anyone about

Cheers,

b777
      No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
        Off Topic: Why do I have the feeling, that the rear aircraft is bigger, than the other?
        Yeah I noticed that too. The taxiway does look like its on a hill but still the aircraft farther away looks bigger.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Me thinks, this is a fake ...

Muhuhuuuaaaahaaahaaaaaa

No, it's indeed because the runway seems to be sloping down a bit.

As for the registration: Don't put in any reg at all. That's at least, what I would do. I would perhaps insert something like "in the background you can see Nxxxx" or something like that.

Perhaps a correction screener can shed some light here.

So, dou you upload this pic?

Cheers
          Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Re the reg, I'd put in the reg of the rear aircraft (N519AU) in the box and note the other cannot be identified, in the comments box (plus another in the foreground - both are Boeing 737-3B7s.

As to the seeming discrepancy in size, this is a function of the position of the photographer in terms of the height of the viewpoint plus the foreshortening of the closer aircraft due to the use of a telephoto lens. This is compounded by the eye being fooled by the fact the rear aircraft, being side on, is as we'd "expect" to see it and attracts the eye, the nose on aircraft, being "compressed" by the telephoto and "viewed over" when seeing the rear aircraft, looks diminished.
            PhilB

Comment

Sorry folks, I hit the submit button rather than the preview and the above is partly garbled and needs editing. It should have read:

Re the reg, I'd put in the reg of the rear aircraft ("N519AU") in the box and note the other cannot be identified in the comments box ("plus another in the foreground") - both are Boeing 737-3B7s.

As to the seeming discrepancy in size, this is a function of the position of the photographer in terms of the height of the viewpoint plus the foreshortening of the closer aircraft due to the use of a telephoto lens. This is compounded by the eye being fooled by the fact the rear aircraft, being side on, is a visually much larger object and it attracts the eye, the nose on aircraft, being "compressed" by the telephoto and "viewed over" when seeing the rear aircraft, looks diminished.

Comment

Thank you all for your help and comments ! As for the picture, I will try to upload it over the weekend when I have some time.

I shot it at the overlook at CLT (Charlotte locals will know what I am talking about). I had to use full 380mm lens on my C-730 to get it this close from where I was sitting. The optical illusion was unintended but sure makes you look a second time doesn't it .

Cheers,
                James
                No Frontiers

Comment

Like Gerardo, if I were screening this shot I would accept it.......with a better crop of course

What differentiates this shot from the other is that this one has been intentionally and well composed with all parts of the relevant aircraft displayed.

It's a really interesting shot and I would like to see it on the database.
                  Nice job with a great composition James.

Regards

Garry
                  Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                  Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

Garry,

Thank you for the kind words! I have cropped the photo and will upload it now.

James
                    No Frontiers

Comment

Working...
                    X