Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinion!

Hi all,

After my previous post about the 400D and I am clsoe to making a decision. At the moment I am torn between retailers and would love your opinions and feedback on what you think is the best deal.

Retailer No.1:
    AUD$1449
    EOS400D w/EF-S 18-55mm IS & EF55-250mm IS Twin lens kit
    200 Free prints
    Double Warranty

Retailer No.2
    AUD$1249.95
    EOS400D w/ EFS 18-55mm & EF75-300mm Twin Lens kit
    $50AUD of all accessories instore
    50% all prints for 12 months

NOTE: Retailer No.2 is not offering the new Image Stabiliser (IS) lenses.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

RayV

I'm a Nikon user so I have no experience of the IS range of lenses. If they're anything like the Nikon VR (vibration reduction) series then I'd go for the more expensive but better quality first option.
    Two reasons really....

1. IS lenses.
    2. Full coverage of focal length between 18mm and 250mm. Although the second option takes you up to 300mm the gap between 55mm and 75mm could be crucial. You'd be amazed how many of your closer shots will fall into this range.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I'd go for retailer #1

Sell the crappy 18-55 and keep the 55-250 and with the proceeds from the 18-55 invest in some good glass

Comment

What would you suggest Will

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
          I'd go for retailer #1

Sell the crappy 18-55 and keep the 55-250 and with the proceeds from the 18-55 invest in some good glass
          What kind of glass can you get for the price of the 18-55 that's better than the 18-55? It may be a $50 lens, but its got some nice kick to it.

Comment

Numero 2. I would have to say the selling point is the $50 off all accessories and the $200 less overall. If you purchase it with a Visa you can get 5 additional years on the warranty and I'm sure you can purchase 2x warranty at the second retailer. I hope you're happy with whatever road you take!

-Chris

Comment

Number 1. If the mtf charts for the 55-250 are accurate, it should be one very nice lense

However that being said, if you ever want to go full frame, you'd need new lenses to replace both.
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
              X