No announcement yet.

Got Photos on Airliners.net? READ THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send them another email giving them 3 days to remove your images or their cost will be $100 per image per day for display on their website.

Then start invoicing them.
    ADG
    No makeovers please .....

Comment

• and granted, last time I visited airliners.net was a few years ago but from memory each image is clearly marked "Airliners.net - copyright photographer'". Have any of you pointed out to the owners that it is actually a breach of the Copyright Act to remove a copyright notice from an image?

Simple meaning is that while an image is marked with your copyright they cannot use it without your permission and if they remove the copyright notice they are in breach of the copyright act and can be sued.

Sounds like they're a bunch of ignorant cowboys.

Edit : corrected error in spelling of a.net - seahawk
      Last edited by seahawk; 2008-02-11, 12:28.
      ADG

Comment

• Plz talk about others sites with the due respect and use the correct names.

Comment

• Respect is earnt ...
          ADG

Comment

• Originally posted by ADG

Simple meaning is that while an image is marked with your copyright they cannot use it without your permission and if they remove the copyright notice they are in breach of the copyright act and can be sued.

Sounds like they're a bunch of ignorant cowboys.
            Not if you have given them a licence to do so and thats what the ToU would have given them had it not been withdrawn.

Ignorant cowboys? No..... And that kind of language both here and over there is not going to help get the right changes made.

Comment

• Originally posted by cja
              Ignorant cowboys? No..... And that kind of language both here and over there is not going to help get the right changes made.
              agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by DAL767-400ER

In that case I would launch a few Tomahawk missles aimed at Vegas .

Let me know when .... ill get some good approach shots

Comment

• Originally posted by ADG
                  Respect is earnt ...
                  "earned"

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime100
                    "earned"
                    Welcome back.

In any case, I think I'll try that invoice idea just for shits and giggles, to test the waters and see what level they are willing to escalate it too. Of course, at the end of it I'd probably be out of more money than I could possibly gain.

Comment

• http://www.airliners.net/discussions...d.main/300181/

If you choose to have your photos deleted they will be deleted.

There are a couple of technical issues to work through.
                      I don't get it. What are those technical issues that prevents the crew from deleting pictures?
                      Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

• Originally posted by LTU932
                        [ I don't get it. What are those technical issues that prevents the crew from deleting pictures?
                        Boss's orders not to delete them.

-Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by z740
                          Boss's orders not to delete them.

-Chris
                          They can't do that. I mean, if someone wants the very pictures he holds the copyright now deleted, they have to comply. There's no way around that.
                          Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

They can't do that. I mean, if someone wants the very pictures he holds the copyright now deleted, they have to comply. There's no way around that.
                            He doesn't hold the copyright for long. From my understanding with the new ToUs the rights go to DM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by z740
                              He doesn't hold the copyright for long. From my understanding with the new ToUs the rights go to DM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Chris
                              Yes, but at the moment, the old TOU is online, not the new one.

Damn, DM really made things messy...
                              Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

if someone wants the very pictures he holds the copyright now deleted, they have to comply. There's no way around that.
                                IIRC, a.net were pretty quick to delete Glenn A.'s couple thousand photos when he left years ago. The process can't have become that much more complicated, can it?

This issue leads me to believe that DM are indeed most interested in (copy-)rights to content.

Comment

Working...
                                X