No announcement yet.

Got Photos on Airliners.net? READ THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Photos on Airliners.net? READ THIS!

JetPhotos.net Photographers,

This is a friendly note from someone who contributes to both the JetPhotos.net and Airliners.net communities.

If you are an Airliners.net photographer and have photos in their database I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU MONITOR THIS THREAD currently ongoing in the aviation photography forum. I also invite you to CAREFULLY READ the new terms of use of the site, recently updated by Demand Media. If the company does not amend this particular part of their terms of use, I - and countless other photographers - will be forced to pull our photos from the site permanently.

New Terms of Use: What it Means for Photographers on Airliners.net: http://www.airliners.net/discussions...d.main/300181/

Snippet from the new Terms of Use, amended by Demand Media, Inc. on February 8, 2008:

Subject to your right to terminate your license to us as described in Section 5(C), you hereby grant Airliners.net an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (including in each case by means of a digital audio and video transmission), advertise in, on, and around, and create derivative works of the Content you submit or make available for inclusion on or through the Service, and to incorporate such Content into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for purposes such as (but not limited to) promoting the Site or promoting the availability of such Content on the Site.

You also hereby waive any moral rights you may have under the laws of any jurisdiction in Content you submit or make available on or through the Service. While it is our general policy to include your name alongside your Content, we are not obligated to do so.

PLEASE spread the word. Silence will only result in no results.

Protect your rights as a photographer!

Cheers,
    Christopher Weyer
    Atlanta Aviation

I second that .... well worth reading , ive already had my say in the thread !

Of course it will have an effect on JP ... the pics will double over night !

Screeners ... fingures at the ready

On your marks ...... get set ...................

Comment

A.net and its new management are staring disaster in the face. What a pity.

Comment

If these proposed terms of use are not amended to preserve my existing rights, I will pull all my shots from Anet.

Comment

Well, looks like ChrisK needs to put aside some money for a few additional photo servers . You know, I'd say more about Demand Media, but what I would say is probably better placed on 'Whiners .

Comment

Originally posted by kukkudrill
            A.net and its new management are staring disaster in the face. What a pity.
            It sure is a pity. I will pull all my photos if they don't change it. The new TOU are pure garbage.

Ivan

Comment

Originally posted by Viv
              If these proposed terms of use are not amended to preserve my existing rights, I will pull all my shots from Anet.
              Same here bud.

Just going through a few of the posts on the link to the thread posted above I & i think anyone can make out that most of the people posting there eco the same sentiment.

As stated in the second post there, lets wait and see asto what their 'legal team' says.

Positive response, revision/modification of their new terms & conditions would pacify the matter however, a cold response or one in the negative & JP be prepared for a migration of another kind. Whoops didnt A.net have one of those recently ???

Comment

I'll probably be removing my photos shortly, and will start uploading everything to jp.net.

Look at Demand Media's website. Their business plan seems to be buy up a bunch of other websites and try to profit from them. The only way they can do it is by coming up with that new TOS.

Comment

The feedback is getting worse.

A link to a forum I "live" on!

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/cgi-bin...T;f=14;t=43600

They are not happy, some screeners are not happy either.

I am aware of one screener recently leaving A.Net for reasons unknown, but he may have been aware that changes were coming. He may have got out before the storm!
                  May the Sun be with you. Resist the darkside.

Comment

Good thing I'd only be losing about 40 photos if I deleted mine over there.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                      Good thing I'd only be losing about 40 photos if I deleted mine over there.
                      71 to be exact.

More proof that CK has created the most user-friendly aviation community on the web. We have rights over here!

-Chris

Comment

Just asked them to delete all my photos!

I think it was only a matter of time before something like this happend over there. DM needs to make money, and one way of doing this is the new terms of use.

Soren
                        Last edited by CPH Aviation; 2008-02-09, 19:38.
                        Regards
                        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation

I think it was only a matter of time before something like this happend over there. DM needs to make money, and one way of doing this is the new terms of use.

Soren
                          Wow they were pretty quick to delete them! What did you say to them?

-Chris

Comment

Very sad. I guess I'll be pulling mine as well although I only have a handful.

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation

Soren
                              May I suggest you post this somewhere on a.net? You will of course be called an overreacting fool by the usual folk, but there might be a very slight chance that this sort of post finally makes someone wake up... not before Monday, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X