What the eff m8? File transfers not transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the eff m8? File transfers not transferring

Greetings. I have several RAW files currently on my camera, when I plug my camera into my laptop (currently my only computer able to read the camera and transfer images from it) it detects the camera just fine, but when I open the folders it displays nothing and says there are no images to display. I'm thinking that the computer is looking for jpegs and they're all RAW files so it doesn't transfer anything, but I'm doing this using Windows XP, not their transfer software but just manually going to My Computer > 20D then opening the file folders on the camera and there are no files showing. I turn the camera on and hit the play button to see if I didn't accidentally delete these files and I didn't cause they're still showing up on the card and displaying on the LCD.

I would really like to get this working so I can actually keep shooting in RAW (would be nice). Suggestions?

SUggestions:
    a) Install the Canon Software and use it for transfer
    b) Use a card reader.

I heard some issues like this with XP and both options should provide a workaround.
    Where can i get one of those stylish JP.net banners? - Got it!

Comment

Ty a card reader. That way, your card should be loaded as a normal volume. If that fails, use Canon's file transfer software. If that fails, try a card recovery software. I had to use one about a year ago and it worked wonders. If that fails, take the same photos again with a new card

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I had almost the same problem some time ago. My card wasn't readable anymore, and I couldn't load the images to my computers. The only thing that worked, was formating the card and get the images with a recovery software off the card. That worked really fine. For recovery I used a free software called "smart recovery".

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I'll probably be getting a card reader here in a few days. Right now there's some sick pictures of night panning at MSP and a 757 cockpit at night in Denver...kinda thinking I'd like to keep those.

Comment

Working...
          X