Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems opning pics in PS

Hi guys,

I have recently got a new camera, Nikon D300. Yesterday I was out taking some picture with my new camera and have transfered them to my computer.

Today when I wanted to open them in PhotoShop it came up with some kind of error. When I tried Nikon View it came with an error aswell and closed.

Is there any who have experienced that ?
    Best regards

Peter Lund

What version of photoshop are you using at the moment? CS2 is flat-out incompatible with the .nef files the D300 produces. A very, very, annoying fact. Some people seem to have some luck converting the .nefs to .dngs using the free Adobe DNG converter program. It does not work for me, sadly. Another question, by NikonView do you mean "CaptureNX" I know that can read the .Nefs and convert them to 8 bit tiffs for editing elsewhere.

Hopefully that helps, or are you getting a totally different and scary error?

Comment

The newest version of Nikonview should be able to handle the D300 RAW files.

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for your answers. I have Photoshop Elements 4, but unfortunately there is a fix, but its not working with V4.
        There was a program with the camera that I will use for editing my D300 pictures.
        Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Working...
        X