This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you tie a rubber band around your rod, you can make it bigger
    ...and it changes colour too.....er ! ......so I'm told.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
      ...and it changes colour too.....er ! ......so I'm told.
      Nope, that's just our crappy monitors white balance. The colors are always awesome, its our fault

Comment

New gem to be added to that list of weird appeal messages.

First we get a real piece of crock as photo, which is correctly rejected. There are a million things you can write, but this here won't help:
        You are crazy! You are blind!
        Needless to say, the appeal was not accepted.

My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

O what fun it must be to check the emails every morning (or afternoon, or everning). I dont envy your job, i would loose my temper and become unprofessional with people who write messages like that. We get alot of people making funny comments like that at work, luckily they are at the other end of a telephone and we can just cut them off and we dont have to listen to them.

Can we have some of the nice emails you guys and girls are sent to please so we can smile?

Comment

The nice emails, are
            Thanks
            thanks for screening
            thanks once again etc

Comment

Another appeal highlight

You may think this a personal question, but is the screener on drugs? Is he a cast off Anet screener, or just a plain old wind up mercahnt? "Over processed", behave yourselves.
              My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
              My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
              ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

'Hall of Fame' stuff man !!

Comment

OMG !!! lol
                  And btw did you senior sceeners put some secret device on my computer so you know when we're on drugs... shit... I'm starting to be paranoic again...

Comment

I have had a few angry moments myself but i realize i am an amateur photographer and i learn a lot from the comments/rejections. I aint going to curse people who are taking valuable time off of their personal life to screen my pics.

Some of those mails definitely sound entertaining. Just wish people who spend that extra amount of creativity ( that they put in writing those mails ) into actually taking better shots !!

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel
                      I have had a few angry moments myself but i realize i am an amateur photographer and i learn a lot from the comments/rejections. I aint going to curse people who are taking valuable time off of their personal life to screen my pics.

Some of those mails definitely sound entertaining. Just wish people who spend that extra amount of creativity ( that they put in writing those mails ) into actually taking better shots !!
                      I could not agree more with you there. Certainly since i joined this website my photography has improved no end. Thank you to all the crew and others who have helped.

Comment

Saurabh, Oliver: nice to see such comments.

On a lighter side: there are bad comments and then there are comments, they are so low .... that they start getting entertaining and of course, we won't hesitate to post them here.

Comment

Next candidate for "photog of the month":
                          Second upload of this guy, as far as I can see and second rejection (no photos in the db), this time for Blurry, Undersharpened (Soft), Window Glare / Dirt, Too much or too little contrast, Horizon unlevel, Bad Info and Bad quality.

Appeal message: "i will sue the owners of this website if this photo doesnt get put on this is bull shit"

Classic reply: "We look forward to hearing from your lawyer."

dumb mail reply: "There are some photos ten times worse out there i will be sending a virus to shut down the website"

Apparently, everybody has a lawyer and can send out a virus, but nobody seems to have a brain doctor nowadays

End of the story: this topic here (so far) ...

Oh, the photo in question..... [has been deleted by a fellow crew member. I disagree with it, even if it showed the name, but I understand it ]
                          Last edited by LX-A343; 2008-07-03, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                            Oh, the photo in question.....
                            The policy of idiots-anonymous is no longer valid? Since the name of the photog still shows on the photo.
                            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Oh, sorry, didn't see it ........

Let's put it that way. So far I never published any names. But if he thinks, he can threat us and be treated fair, he's wrong. Besides: I don't know, if that is his real name.

Perhaps I replace the photo this evening, when I'm at home.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                                Next candidate for "photog of the month":
                                Second upload of this guy, as far as I can see and second rejection (no photos in the db), this time for Blurry, Undersharpened (Soft), Window Glare / Dirt, Too much or too little contrast, Horizon unlevel, Bad Info and Bad quality.

Appeal message: "i will sue the owners of this website if this photo doesnt get put on this is bull shit"

Classic reply: "We look forward to hearing from your lawyer."

dumb mail reply: "There are some photos ten times worse out there i will be sending a virus to shut down the website"

Apparently, everybody has a lawyer and can send out a virus, but nobody seems to have a brain doctor nowadays

End of the story: this topic here (so far) ...

Oh, the photo in question.....
                                Should sue him for making threats against the website...

Comment

Working...
                                X